Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bizzare texting thing

• 29-04-2008 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

I have a SOny Ericsson K810i.

I was having a text conversation with one of my mates (Paddy), as you do.

Then I got a text from another mate (John) which seemed to be part of the same conversation.

I rang John to ask WTF he was on about, John said he didn't send the text. I rang Paddy and he sent the text.

My phone has received a text from Paddy and had it show up as having come from John in my phone!

Most bizzare! I'm now paranoid about using my phone as I don't trust who I'm texting or not texting !!

This happened anyone before ?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

By any chance do John or Paddy share the last seven digits of their numbers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

jmccrohan wrote: »
    By any chance do John or Paddy share the last seven digits of their numbers?
    Not one of the numbers are the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Might john and paddy have been talking about you hehind your back and accidentally sent one of the text messages to you?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

This has actually happened to me. I would guess its some kind of addressing issue with the memory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Sean_K wrote: »
    Might john and paddy have been talking about you hehind your back and accidentally sent one of the text messages to you?
    The message didn't contain any content that would suggest that.

The two people don't know each other as far as I know.

The message I got looked like it was from Paddy as it sort of suited our conversation but the phone says it comes from John.

• Advertisement
Advertisement