Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Minimum connection speed for Xbox live?

• 29-04-2008 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi, i was wondering whats the best connection speed for Xbox live, at the moment i have 1mb/s as this is all my line will accept (been told the line is to be upgraded soon tho).

If anyone else out there has 1mb/s and Xbox live, whats your experience with it?

Also, i recently got the dreaded 3 red lights of death on my console, and was wondering if its possible to trade in for an elite console, while paying the extra. While im at it, has anyone else here traded up from a core/premium model to an elite model and noticed a difference in noise?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gerry1979

You should have no bother with 1mb, I had it working on 512kb (1/2mb) with no problems!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

prod_igy wrote: »
    Also, i recently got the dreaded 3 red lights of death on my console, and was wondering if its possible to trade in for an elite console

Are you asking if it's possible to trade in a fooked 360?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭prod_igy

Are you asking if it's possible to trade in a fooked 360?

Lol, no! I mean that when i bring in my 360, and get a new one cause of my warranty, is it possible to get a 360 elite and pay the extra cash?

Lol, no! I mean that when i bring in my 360, and get a new one cause of my warranty, is it possible to get a 360 elite and pay the extra cash?

How old is said console? Gamestop are usually ok with just exchanging faulty 360s (they swapped mine, no probs!) other retailers may be less willing! As far as upgrading to an Elite, I wouldn't know for sure but it's extra cash for them so I don't see the harm in it....

I got it around release day so its about 2 years and 3/4 months old, which is within the 3year extended warranty they give to xbox360's that have the 3red lights of death. I'll give them a ring later on when my exams are over and sort it out, from what ive been told it shouldnt be a problem.

• Advertisement

I got it around release day so its about 2 years and 3/4 months old, which is within the 3year extended warranty they give to xbox360's that have the 3red lights of death. I'll give them a ring later on when my exams are over and sort it out, from what ive been told it shouldnt be a problem.

After that length of time you'll have to send it back to Microsoft, retail outlets won't touch a console that's that old unfortunately. Up to a year shouldn't be a problem but anything longer and you're screwed! :eek:

AAAAhhhh noo!! How am i supposed send it back, do i have to pay for post and packaging?! Can i just send it back and get a refund, and then buy one here at gamestop or wherever, it will take forever to send it to microsoft and receive a replacement! :mad:

AAAAhhhh noo!! How am i supposed send it back, do i have to pay for post and packaging?! Can i just send it back and get a refund, and then buy one here at gamestop or wherever, it will take forever to send it to microsoft and receive a replacement! :mad:

You'll have to get in touch with microsoft, they will send you a label that you stick on the box you're putting it in. Then you ring UPS and they come out and pick it up (free of charge) you then twiddle your thumbs for 3 weeks whilst you wait for them to fix/replace said 360!

If you go to xbox.com you can register your 360 there and set up a repair order, that's the easiest way of doing things, i don't know the number but you'll only be on hold for ages anyway!

A friend of mine who was in your situation, bought an arcade model, then took back the old fooked one and got it exchanged! cheeky!

Advertisement