Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I want a PS3-Am I mad?

• 29-04-2008 8:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭

The PS3 is starting to look better than the 360 with free online service and Blu Ray and a few good games. Is there actually any reason why I should stay with the 360?

P.S-Anyone know how much it will cost for a 40GB PS3 if I traded in the 360?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

you disgust me ! ah no i know i may get one in the summer myself. well theres A GTA package for 400 yoyo out now. Well my main reason to get one if because of a man called : Solid Snake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

MGS doesn't really interest me. I suppose I might be best waiting for E3, who knows what could be announced then. i thought I might be able to get a cheap 2nd hand ps3 if I traded in the 360.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭emurphy

Is the PS3 really that much better than the Xbox 360.. I thought power wise it wasnt that mch more advanced other than the obvious blu ray drive that you can fit a lot more on the disk etc...
    I could have bought one recently but opted for a 360 elite instead cause you get so much more for your money and all the games you can get now second hand compared to payin stupid amounts for the playstion 3 titles.
    Just a thought. Plus no Halo on playstation.. MGS doesnt interest me either. Plus now with Forza 2 who needs Gran Turismo!! AND Gears of War for that matter!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

had a 360 , and traded it in against ps3 the day it came out = Bad Idea, then traded the ps3 back and got an Elite. PS3 Was useless. Starting to get better now but def better value with xbox 360. In 1-2 years PS3 will be great but in summer i may hav money to burn and get one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

Dman001 wrote: »
    The PS3 is starting to look better than the 360 with free online service and Blu Ray and a few good games. Is there actually any reason why I should stay with the 360?

P.S-Anyone know how much it will cost for a 40GB PS3 if I traded in the 360?

The PS3's online service isn't comparable to Xbox Live. In fact it's quite disjointed, and updates are rather sporadic. If you can have both, then get both, because the PS3 does have a *few* decent games. However if you have to choose between one or the other, the 360 is the better choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Yes, I think you are. My friend has both and rarely plays his PS3, except for when his xbox broke, which is the risk you run of having one, but like was said already, if you can have both, do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

If my 360 breaks again, I'll be sticking with the ps3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Yeah go get one :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Off-topic, locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement