Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting to the Russian Embassy D14

Options
  • 29-04-2008 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

Hi

I am coming up from Cork for the day, have to go to the Russian embassy to get a visa. I haven't got a clue how to get there from Heuston station. Would anyone be able to advise? maybe there is a Luas station around somewhere, but unfortunately no info on the embassy's website.... the address is: 184-186, Orwell Road, Rathgar, Dublin 14

many thanks
    sf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Only way I can think of if you plan on getting the Luas. Get it from Heuston to Abbey St, then walk over to Stephens Green (5mins walk) and then get on the Luas there to Windy Arbour and then it's a fair oul walk.

Otherwise you could get the Luas from Heuston into Abbey St, walk to Eden Quay and get 15a or 15b to Terenure and then it would be about 10 mins walk max.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

The Luas goes nowhere near the Embassy, you need a 14 (not 14A). You can pick that up on O'Connell Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Dandelion6 wrote: »
    The Luas goes nowhere near the Embassy,
    The Windy Arbour stop (as indicated by Gavin) is quite near.

RussianEmbassy.jpg

scaryfairy - just to explain: There are two LUAS routes (Red and Green) but unfortunately they are seperate and independent of each other. You could get the Red Line outside Heuston Station into Abbey Street Lower which is the closest stop to O'Connell Street. However, the other LUAS Green Line only leaves from St Stephen's Green West about 5 minutes walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

It might look close on a map but if you actually walk it, as I have done, it is quite a distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Or you could just get a taxi:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭scaryfairy

thanks for all your replies :), in the end had to take a cab, and on the way back took the bus. The embassy closes at 1pm or sth like that so didn't want to take any chances... the taxi wasn't that expensive - normally I am very reluctant to take one but sometimes you just have to do it! On the other hand, one of the neighbours was extremely nice when I was there: took me in his car to the nearest cash machine as I didn't have enough money on me for the visa (are you all that nice in Dublin?????)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

scaryfairy wrote: »
    are you all that nice in Dublin?????)
    Of course. Didn't you know! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

russian embassy is an experience to behold,

go early, you'll be waiting a long tome, even if there's no one else there, be polite no matter how long they delay you and annoy you, fill in the form carefully and perfectly, staple the picture to the top left of the form (they don't take paper clips). and you might get it done in a couple of hours.

good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Dog Fan

Spacedog is right.
    Sometimes feels like it's best to bring a flask when going to the embassy.

Aaahhh. Tis many the hour I've spent in the queues there. Do make sure you dot the I's and cross the T's. When giving photos, make sure they're identical. Make sure your passport is valid for long enough.

In short, if they can find an excuse to hold you up, they'll do it.

Good luck on your trip!

Advertisement