Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

world of warcraft trading card game

Options
  • 29-04-2008 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi all i've been playing world of warcraft now for about 3 months now and i am fairly addicted, however my kids also enjoy playing and mentioned that theres a trading card game, does any one know if you can get it in ireland anywhere.
    My Server is anachronis i'm a level 51 hunter named cbcbc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Dunno about anywhere in Ireland but theres usually plenty on ebay would be lots cheaper than getting them here. BTW Hello fellow Anachronosian :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

played it for a short while a year or so ago, could buy them in places like GAME, HMV and you're average comic shop at the time...

was actually a bit of fun but just a Magic clone with less depth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

dont forget you can get some rare items from the card game too, like mounts for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

That spectral mount is so cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Darkcup

forbidden plaint on the quay you can get them. a mat of mine runs cards games ie yugioh and some times wow in the royal dublin every 2 weeks but not this week.The next one on this sunday in Wynn's Hotel due to a timeing problem, could not book the other hotel. just across the luis stop on abby st .i myself work of him self selling cards and other stuff .we ordered stuff in for the wow players here and there.Im a wow player my self cant get enough of the card game.We meet up in a coffee shop in rathmines every friday called moda around 6 down stares all is invited me have loads of cards to trade :).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 harveyobrien

The trading card game is easy to get hold of. Certainly Forbidden Planet on the Quays in Dublin, and also Sub City in Dublin just a little ways up from Dame Street. I've seen it discounted in some toy stores recently, starter packs from the first series going quite cheap. The computer game shop Game were carrrying it, but I think they've dropped it.

Thing is, it's like opening pandora's box getting into a CCG (collectible card game). I'm not really much of a player, but I do have a collecting gene which had me buying these things daily during the first run. After a few months and WAY too much money, I stopped, and this was even before they launched the second series. There are now maybe four (I could be wrong) different series of WoW Trading Cards, all with their unique starter sets and collectible packets. There are also 'raid decks' tied in to the individual sets.

The artwork on the cards is lovely, the game is fun to play (my nephew is really the only person I play against though), and it's a nice sort of home away from home when you're a WoW player. But be warned. It's like popcorn or pringles - once you start on these things, it's very hard to stop, and, unlike popcorn or pringles, there's no end to it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Darkcup

Irish National Championship Details
    Date: Saturday 20th September

Open Invitation to all players resident in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland
    Format: 6 Rounds Constructed, Top 8 Playoff
    Round 1 Starts: 10am

Prizes:
    Winner: receives an invite for Worlds
    Winner: Games Console, X-51 Nether-Rocket + Ethereal Plunderer + Trophy
    Top 8: Marksman Glous
    Participation: Lady Vashj

IF any one wants to meet up for a few games a few days befor just reply

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Since your in Cork, try Other Realms. http://www.otherrealms.com/

Been a few months since last there but probably one of the better bets at finding the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Hay im selling the "World of Warcraft trading card starting deck" here as it happens....

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=71316&cat=500

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 28 philemon

LFM Dublin players!

So I got myself 3 starter decks today and was wondering if there are still any active players in Dublin who would be willing to play a few games from time to time ? Any meetings held somewhere around in the area perhaps ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

jo22nathan wrote: »
    My Server is anachronis i'm a level 51 hunter named cbcbc

That name and class screams im a bot

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

iv got 3 starter decks and a box worth of cards to sell aswell if anyone is interested

Advertisement