Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin 15 Beers

Options
  • 29-04-2008 9:17pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭

After many months of abuse (mainly from Thaed) after the aborted attempt to organise a few beers around Christmas, I'm going to give it another go. The Bell in Blanchardstown was mentioned as a relatively easy pub for everyone to get to. Never been there myself but it's as good a spot as any, so the only question now is when.

Please vote on your preferred date(s) for the beers and I'll take it from there. The forum has a relatively small, but consistent, group of posters, and it would be great to be able to put some faces to the names, so hopefully we'll get a good turnout.

What date(s) would you prefer to have the D15 beers on? 6 votes

Friday 9th May
    0% 0 votes
    Saturday 10th May
    16% 1 vote
    Friday 16th May
    0% 0 votes
    Saturday 17th May
    16% 1 vote
    Either Friday
    0% 0 votes
    Either Saturday
    16% 1 vote
    Any of the above dates
    16% 1 vote
    None of the above dates
    33% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

Zaph wrote: »
    After many months of abuse (mainly from Thaed) after the aborted attempt to organise a few beers around Christmas, I'm going to give it another go. The Bell in Blanchardstown was mentioned as a relatively easy pub for everyone to get to. Never been there myself but it's as good a spot as any, so the only question now is when.

Please vote on your preferred date(s) for the beers and I'll take it from there. The forum has a relatively small, but consistent, group of posters, and it would be great to be able to put some faces to the names, so hopefully we'll get a good turnout.
    Holy God! Theres 3 of us. Sure it,ll be a mad night:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I'll try to make it anyway. Is the tin of Carnation required?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

deswalsh wrote: »
    I'll try to make it anyway. Is the tin of Carnation required?

Gods no.

I have just the thing, look out for the table with the lil red devil on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Oh nice one Zaph, you wait until I'm out of the country and then have a beers! Hmmmph :p

Well your plan didn't work, anyof the saturdays for me as am working both fri nights. :mad:

The only question is, is having a beers better than slagging you for not having a beers? :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The only question is, is having a beers better than slagging you for not having a beers? :D

Bans will be dished out for anyone slagging this forum's mod for not organising beers. ;)

• Advertisement

Am I the only wimmin in Dublin 15? C,mon !

Am I the only wimmin in Dublin 15? C,mon !

How you doin',
    ya mean your going to be the only person who happens to be female there you won't go ?

WEll I know if I end up being the only person of the female gender it's not going to bother me.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    WEll I know if I end up being the only person of the female gender it's not going to bother me.

Is that because some people at previous beers thought you were a bloke anyway? :p

Is that because some people at previous beers thought you were a bloke anyway? :p

What wimmins on the internet, never happen.

• Advertisement

Thaedydal wrote: »
    I had answered before reading profiles. Im kinda a newbee! Dosent bother me if youse are male,female animal vegatable or mineral. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Bans will be dished out for anyone slagging this forum's mod for not organising beers. ;)

Oh,

it's a good thing Der Deusche Internet Konnection wasn't working when I rolled in later on to reply to that! :D

I may have been a little drunk when typing my reply :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Kaldorn

why the Bell its a load of ****e

It's on most of the bus routes and close to the train line so people can get there with out drink driving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Kazobel

What day is it on? I might go, I'm from blanch anyway I just haven't been there in a while and I could do with a night out, if anything it'd be funny to get hit on by guys I went to school with because a fair few use to drink in The Bell AFAIK :D:D.

Details here.

Kaldorn wrote: »

I'm not originally from this neck of the woods and don't drink much locally so I don't know the pubs around here that well. However the Bell was mentioned as a likely venue had we managed to organise Christmas beers for the reasons Thaed mentioned, so I just decided to stick with it for our first time out. Of course if we organise any more beers I have no problem moving it around to wherever people would prefer.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

The bell is really nice. Nice spot, and its pretty big. good food too.

Kaldorn wrote: »

The Bell's grand. Good smoking area outside too. I know the DJ who plays on Mondays. Great music, Dickie rock, Elvis,Mary Black,Ozzy.........great mixer:rolleyes:

Advertisement