Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

legacy value

Options
  • 29-04-2008 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

My brother is looking at selling his '98 (old shape) 2.5 manual Legacy Sport saloon in grey, 145k. It's got leather (!) C/C and all the trimmings etc. etc. and it is a genuinely a hot car overall. Body condition is good, needs tyres, T/belt, some mountings, no NCT.

What's it worth??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Nothing on a trade in anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

Sorry for the drift but I think Subaru are probably the brand that will be hit hardest by the July VRT/Tax changes. Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

10 years old,
    2.5 litre petrol,
    145k miles,
    needs new tyres and t-belt,
    No NCT,

No offence but in its current form I would imagine it is pretty much sale proof. Look at it this way, it may cost a potential buyer close to the same amount as the purchase price to get the timing belt done, put 4 new tyres, NCT it and tax it.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,423 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

cantdecide wrote: »
    needs tyres, T/belt, some mountings, no NCT.

Ouch! I'd get all that done and have a fresh NCT. Won't cost the world but without it, I can't see anyone taking it off his hands for more than a grand tbh

Edit: bazz26 pretty much beat me to it...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

That's what I was thinking- €800- €1000. Thanks guys.

• Advertisement

Oilrig wrote: »
    Sorry for the drift but I think Subaru are probably the brand that will be hit hardest by the July VRT/Tax changes. Pity.

Sad but true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

The Legacy, Forrester and Outback have a diesel flat 4 coming for the very first time, the Impreza will also get this diesel eventually and there will be a WRX diesel too for those who want a fastish Scooby, in the Legacy it's in the 20% VRT category as it's emissions are 151 g/km, it has 150 bhp, but there will be a more powerful version, details of which are available here, so what exactly have Subaru got to worry about;)?

OP, that car is worthless as it stands. Pity, cause they're meant to be a really good car, but a 2.5 manual petrol estate is hard to shift anyway, and there is far too much work needed to be done to it(tyres, t-belt, if it's anything like an engine as complicated as a Mitsubishi GDI engine it's a full day job and all that labour that goes with it) and Subarus have a reputation for expensive servicing/parts IIRC.

Great news. Thanks E92.

Advertisement