Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

latest Batman comic discussed on liveline

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 51,774 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

The 2 things that I thought caused this discussion were the assumption that comics are only for kids and the location of the Batman Legends magazine.

Speaking from personal experience the local Easons that
    stocks Batman Legends doesn't put it in the childrens section.
    They also don't put the superman, spiderman, xmen or jla
    monthly magazines from the same publisher in the childrens section.

The mother did the right thing in examining the magazine she
    intended to buy for her son. Saw that it wasn't appropriate
    and didn't buy it. Wouldn't have too much of a problem with her
    informing the manager/staff that it shouldn't be in the
    kids section. But bringing it to a stage where banning it entirely is suggested by someone is too far.

It seems people still have the blinkers on when it comes to
    comics. Comics couldn't interest anyone other than kids.:rolleyes:

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I like the way it's "the latest Batman comic" when we're actually talking about a reprint book.

(Although the fact that a comic that's normally marketed to kids contained a reprint of an All-Star Batman & Robin issue is pretty goddamn stupid and suggests that the publisher themselves weren't paying attention to what they were selling...)

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

She wanted comics banned? From Easons? From ireland? Or was it just a stupid broad ranging "Lets ban it!" "From what?" "..........LET'S BAN IT!"

What? What a silly bitch!!

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

He says Batman is all "bam,kapow!" ok whens the last time any batman comic had that in it? Batmans a very adult comic,its supposed to be that. Its a dark comic and thats why it works so well. I hate the way when these things pop up on radio shows or tv interview that noone seems to turn around and question what they are saying,everyone just goes with the negative. Batmans fairly popular for people to know its not for kids, I say most people have seen the films and should know this.

Advertisement