Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tramore funfair

Options
  • 29-04-2008 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

Antone know if it's up and running??

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

It is on weekends/bank holidays but not during weekdays afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Thanks Sully, a mate wants to bring his little boy out there sometime soon:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The indoor arcades are always open but the outdoor ones wont be open full time until the high season kicks in fully in about June. At least, I think thats how it works!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Generally it opens full time from Whit weekend!

Whit weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Sully wrote: »
    Whit weekend?

June Bank Holiday Weekend for those of alternative faiths!!:D

Ah okay :p

• Registered Users Posts: 40 johnbaz72

Heading down Tramore direction next week, but have heard the funfair closes the end of August. Can anyone confirm this?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭shanemul

From when the kids go back to school the Park usually opens at the Weekends usually Sat & Sun from bout 2

shanemul wrote: »
    From when the kids go back to school the Park usually opens at the Weekends usually Sat & Sun from bout 2

Only for a short while though, then it stops until the mid term where it starts to wind back up again. Ah the peace! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 surfin

All of the amusements will be open until near the end of September - The park will be having a half price day for the Tramore Surf and Sea Festival on September 20 & 21st.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Are the half price days advertised anywhere other than here or is it a leaflet job with tear off tokens?

surfin; Is the park still open on weekends? A lot of the amusments have packed up and left - getting some enquires via Discover Tramore.

deisemum; It was advertised in local press also. I would imagine its just going to be half price for everyone. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Thanks, my new teenage son and younger lad have me pestered to bring them out to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭pommers

surfin wrote: »
    The park will be having a half price day for the Tramore Surf and Sea Festival on September 20 & 21st.

Was down in the park today and no half price:(

pommers wrote: »
    Was down in the park today and no half price:(

Weird, they even advertised it in local press..

• Registered Users Posts: 10 alancw

There doesn't seem to be as much rides this year as there was last year. Is there a reason for this? Where is the huge roller coaster gone and the water slide and the crazy mouse?

alancw wrote: »
    There doesn't seem to be as much rides this year as there was last year. Is there a reason for this? Where is the huge roller coaster gone and the water slide and the crazy mouse?

Its not fully re-opened yet. There seems to be a lot of traillers parking beside the park so the chances are they will be up and running shortly. They only start to open from the midterm for schools then they will have it ready for the summer season. :)

(Some rides wont return, they change every year)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 alancw

Yeah was down there yesterday, and there was a fair few trailers in the car park beside the lake. It seems to be the roller coaster from last year!:D happy days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 deise girlie

The bigger rides travel around and are based in England (I think) like the rotor, crazy mouser etc. they usually don't arrive in Tramore until June. They shut up early last year around first week in September as far as I remember because of weather and bad season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

i would,nt say birds will bring most of em back this year coz of the **** season they had last year!! they should have just renamed the park funderland last year coz thats literally what it was!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭shanemul

I'd say they will be back, doubt they have anywhere else to go for the summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Power-surge

is it any good?? the whole fair??

is it any good?? the whole fair??

The amusments? There in Tramore for years, good enough craic if your into that kinda thing I suppose. Its a big attraction for kids and is there about 4 months of the year. They have a range of different rides but its nowhere near the likes of Oakwood etc. If you have kids, bring them down one of the weekends. Hopefully the weather will be good so they can enjoy the amusments and then head off to the beach :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

It is great when it's all there I have to say :) even if you're just playing all those darts games for little teddies and such. I avoid the rides completely because they're too fast etc for me but I've gone with friends and had a smashin time. It's a nice day out.

I do however miss the boat rides from when I was a kid. Anyone remember those? Right beside where the train is now and it was like a punt to go out rowing. There was a rake of ducks around too to feed.

So sickened I can't go on the merry go round now though. Ever year it was the first thing I went on (possibly the only thing) and now I'm far too big!

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

I was out in Tramore on Sunday when the park was open, and they do seem to still have the pedalo boats, but not the other type of boat (the ones that looked like currachs). The rollercoaster tracks seem to be fully constructed as the crane has been taken down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bobbylee murphy

just wondering could any1 fill me in on what the opening times are for the fun fair in tramore as i am going down next saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

just wondering could any1 fill me in on what the opening times are for the fun fair in tramore as i am going down next saturday
    we were there last monday, they were opened at 12sh, mite be before it cos we were at the beach it was realy windy so we decided to have a go at the funfair, bring plenty of change with you;). loved it to see the kids in bumpercars enjoying themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

deisemum wrote: »
    Thanks, my new teenage son and younger lad have me pestered to bring them out to it.

???:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bobbylee murphy

thanks for that info cats.life much appreciated

Advertisement