Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions League Final- Poker Style????

• 29-04-2008 10:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭

Meh, put it in the BB sticky but maybe get more exposure here?

Would any of you Reps for the online poker companies out there be interested in running sats for Champions League final tickets?

You could run it like any normal big buy in tourney sat except have tickets and Accom fot the winner?

Go on?

Its definitely marketable and would for sure have enough interest even from those who dont play poker?

Noel Hayes? Mike/Dev? Paul Spillane-heres your chance?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

I think PPP did this last time and I think its a great idea.

Maybe Boyles could run a few sats as they sponsor a premiership team so much have access to tickets etc.

I would be up for it.

P.S. Liverpool fan, thats how confident I am...

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭express79

Great idea. The tickets would have to be for the Man United end:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

You could look at it as a tournament with huge overlay given what you could sell the tickets for...

I hate touts, though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

would do anything for this!

brill idea, someone make it happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

it would be quite difficult to organise due to having to apply for visas 4 weeks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭The Al Lad

Theresa...

you cheap skate... lol

i like it, I think PPP did it last year but there was two garbage teams in the final that year IIRC

(sorry ollieboy):pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Trippie wrote: »
    it would be quite difficult to organise due to having to apply for visas 4 weeks in advance

Why are you always so negative?

Sure its Russia, land of the free....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭hotspur

Isn't every regular tournament a satellite for buying real world things? It does sound cool, but why can't we have a satellite for 6 beers, a line of coke, and a top class hooker? Or I need to buy a bed, I want a poker satellite for beds, and a desk, chair, and maybe a bucket of some description.

***THE PADDY POWER 2008 BUCKET SATELLITE***

Get it sorted Noel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Was trying to do this for the Liverpool United game a while ago, people were saying they wouldnt play cos they didnt want to win tickets and end up in the wrong side of the ground. wtf? May try it for a few games next season, think its too late for the CL final.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

great idea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

hotspur wrote: »
    Isn't every regular tournament a satellite for buying real world things? It does sound cool, but why can't we have a satellite for 6 beers, a line of coke, and a top class hooker? Or I need to buy a bed, I want a poker satellite for beds, and a desk, chair, and maybe a bucket of some description.

***THE PADDY POWER 2008 BUCKET SATELLITE***

Get it sorted Noel.

Post more often.

Trippie wrote: »

Sure as I am that United fans are confident in their team I doubt either they or the Liverpool/Chelsea fans thought about picking up a visa application form from the Russian Embassy. The Russian authorities have made allowance for the arrival of foreign fans I am sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭krux

Sure as I am that United fans are confident in their team I doubt either they or the Liverpool/Chelsea fans thought about picking up a visa application form from the Russian Embassy. The Russian authorities have made allowance for the arrival of foreign fans I am sure.

i've had my visa now for 2 months,it took 2 months to get.
    The russian authorities claim to have a 'special office' set up for the final but i can guarantee there will be alot of fans up in arms when they can't get visa applications rushed through,they want your money,after that they won't give a sh1t.

Advertisement