Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant get ntl broadband need a good option!!

Options
  • 29-04-2008 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭

So ordered express broadband with NTL and they said its not available even though we live in Temple Bar... which is so crap!

Dont use house phone anymore so is a waste of money and need a good alternative... been looking around and would like some advice on other providers... minimum of 2mbs + as im a gamer and need a decent connection most of time!

Cheers for advice,

Ian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

If you live in Templebar, I would think any line of sight based wireless is no good? If thats the case getting the phoneline put in seems your only option if you want to have any sort of good gaming experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Forgot to mention have Eircom broadband at the moment... along with 2mb line but we dont use landline anymore and dont want to pay extortinate amounts for line rental... so if there is any other option to broadband without landline let me know cheers! Damn NTL cant even supply temple bar... stupid!

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Anyone in town with digiweb wireless or broadband without land line?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

it does seem like a huge waste to pay line rental when you only want broadband but take it from me...i'm no fan of eircom and have had huge rows with them which resulted in me contacting comreg and thats all i'll say there. What I can say is that they do provide a reliable service and that is worth loads IMO. Here's a recommendation so you wont feel so ripped off.

1. Sign up for the free local/national call package (costig about an extra €1 per month on top of your line rental.

2. Set up an account with 13434.ie. This will allow you to make extremely cheap phone calls to mobiles and internationally. It made the line rental worth it for me.

3. Doing this should balance out the cost of line rental and Eircom make no money on calls made from the landline when you use the prefix.

4. I have no affiliation with Eircom or 13434.ie. I just have the experience of dealing with them.

Best of Luck because clearwire suck!!!

NTL here i come 12mb

Advertisement