Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volvo S40 and Passat

Options
  • 29-04-2008 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi, Does anyone know when the new model Volvo S40 is due for release, Also is their plans to release a new/upgraded vw passat ?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭Niall1234

They only released a touch up to the present model a few months ago so I doubt they'll do anything, anytime soon.

Next new model will be the new S60 I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

Volvo are currently in two minds over S40/60 they were not sure whether to develop two models or a combined model.

I would imagine with the popularity of the 40 that we will design a newer larger version that will increase the size slightly but only incease price a small bit.

The Passat hasn't even had its midlife yet (i stand to be corrected here) so a new one is a bit off yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The S40 only got a mid life facelift in January so don't expect an all new one for at least 2 to 3 years. Volvo usually give their models a 7 to 8 year product cylce. Also the current S40 uses the existing Ford Focus chassis and certain engines, will the next S40 be based on future Fords is up in the air as there is no guarantee that Ford will own Volvo at that stage as they have already sold off Jaguar, Aston Martin and Land Rover recently.

As for the Passat, the MY08 Passat just received minor trim upgrades and new engines (TSi and common rail TDi) but no exterior cosmetic changes. Since the current B6 has been around since 2005 I would not expect to see a mid life facelift for at least another 18 months.

Advertisement