Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No sign of Nikki but Jenny sounds great..

• 29-04-2008 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭

Still no sign of Nikki but caught some of Jenny Greene today. She sounds great. Fair play. Any word from Montrose on Ms Hayes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Boardsbud

Heard Jenny today myself, great tight jock, but I'd love to hear a bit of personality. She speaks in the same tone all the time. Is this intentional "too cool for daytime radio, i'm a club jock" ****e or is that the way she normally speaks ? There's absolutely no variation in her voice. She's not a million miles from a dalek. She's like a female Damien McCaul !! A massive improvement on the former presenter in that slot though. No mention of private life crap, just playin the tunes, like it should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

Thought I'd swipe this off Radiowaves before John pulls it :D

<SNIP>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Big Balls what has that got to do with anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Please refrain from potentially libelous posts and speculation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭MaltHouse Mouse

Wonder when she will be back? Jenny sounds great covering for her all the same.

It wont go to court as from what I heard, it was in fact someone very close to her who caused all the hassle that night, and not some random stalker, so would be quite surprised if it did actually make it any further. Can't see there being any court case or any 'stalker suspect' for that matter.

Things people do for publicity!:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

:rolleyes: It's all advertising?!!!

Whatever!

I prefere Nikki's style of presenting and the type of music she plays to Jenny Greene's. Jenny is a good presenter I just prefere Nikki.. Don't like change much!!!

I think you will find that there is a difference between advertising and publicity! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Culture2007

I think Jenny Greene is doing a great job on the show. I really think a daytime slot on 2fm would suit her.

I think you will find that there is a difference between advertising and publicity! :mad:

Not much imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

petals wrote: »
    Not much imo.

Actually, there's a huge amount.

If you were to simplify it and take the post to mean that " Advertising " refers to advertisements, or on air announcements to advertise an event, person or product, and "Publicity" ( or in this case, alleged self-publicity ) is the invention and/or release of stories for the purpose of gaining attention, sympathy, or just increasing ones own profile and the public's awareness thereof for whatever reason, then there is a difference.

One's a legitimate business practice; the other is an act of foolishness, vanity or desperation that's frankly more suited to a plot from 'Entourage' than to the alleged behaviour of an Irish Radio presenter.

Not that I’m suggesting any aspect of this (admittedly initially intriguing, yet now simply "meh" ) saga has been invented for publicity purposes, of course.... I’m simply clarifying the difference between advertising and publicity...

• Advertisement

Actually, there's a huge amount.

If you were to simplify it and take the post to mean that " Advertising " refers to advertisements, or on air announcements to advertise an event, person or product, and "Publicity" ( or in this case, alleged self-publicity ) is the invention and/or release of stories for the purpose of gaining attention, sympathy, or just increasing ones own profile and the public's awareness thereof for whatever reason, then there is a difference.

One's a legitimate business practice; the other is an act of foolishness, vanity or desperation that's frankly more suited to a plot from 'Entourage' than to the alleged behaviour of an Irish Radio presenter.

Not that I’m suggesting any aspect of this (admittedly initially intriguing, yet now simply "meh" ) saga has been invented for publicity purposes, of course.... I’m simply clarifying the difference between advertising and publicity...

same difference!!

If it's 2fm's name in the paper or random dj number 550 from 2fm. 2fm is in the paper. Readers see this and therefore hear of 2fm!!

same difference!!

If it's 2fm's name in the paper or random dj number 550 from 2fm. 2fm is in the paper. Readers see this and therefore hear of 2fm!!

Reading that kinda makes me glad your sig doesnt say that you're a P.R. graduand...

Anyway, didnt you hint earlier in this thread that you didn't think her actions constituted advertising?
    Petals wrote:
    It's all advertising?!!!

Whatever!

If so, that kinda contradicts the your "people see this and think of 2fm" statement above...

Reading that kinda makes me glad your sig doesnt say that you're a P.R. graduand...

Anyway, didnt you hint earlier in this thread that you didn't think her actions constituted advertising?

If so, that kinda contradicts the your "people see this and think of 2fm" statement above...

ooooooh! :mad: Actually I'm about to graduate from a media diploma!!

Anyways your argument is kind of stupid as it's got sfa to do with the topic in question. My opinions on advertising and the rest shouldn't matter to you! It's my opinion I'm perfectly intitled to it. I'm not saying it's right or wrong but it's my opinion. If you don't agree with it fine but it's got nothing to do with the thread topic.

I said nothing about not thinking her action constituted advertising. I think he was right to advertise it. It raises awareness of something else as well again nothing to do with the thread title. It's up to the papers whether they print the article so don't see it as Nikki's fault it was reported!

And whoever said welcome back Nikki and Nikki is back was wrong unless Nikki has changed her voice recently!

Originally Posted by Petals...
    It's up to the papers whether they print the article so don't see it as Nikki's fault it was reported!

Funny that... When you consider that it was Nikki herself who reported the incident to the papers!!

It obvious that you do not have a clue what you are talking about Petals.

Do you know how to use spell check? :mad:

Sarcasm is welcome, personal abuse crosses the line. Things like that are unneccessary. They cheapen an otherwise solid point of view and weaken your ability to debate .
    Anyways your argument is kind of stupid as it's got sfa to do with the topic in question. My opinions on advertising and the rest shouldn't matter to you! It's my opinion I'm perfectly intitled to it. I'm not saying it's right or wrong but it's my opinion. If you don't agree with it fine but it's got nothing to do with the thread topic.

So which is it? Is my argument Stupid or fine?
    I said nothing about not thinking her action constituted advertising.

My apologies for misinterpreting you then. Can you clarify what this means so?
    :rolleyes: It's all advertising?!!!

Whatever!
    t's up to the papers whether they print the article so don't see it as Nikki's fault it was reported!

As stated previously, It's generally considered that Ms Hayes herself was the source for this story.

In conclusion, if your opinions on topics that you post here "shouldn't matter" to anyone, why post them? And why get offended when people disagree with them & point out innaccuracies?

Originally Posted by Bondvillain
    Sarcasm is welcome, personal abuse crosses the line. Things like that are unneccessary. They cheapen an otherwise solid point of view and weaken your ability to debate.

It was not meant as personal abuse or a personal attack, but in fact sarcasm. Mis-spelling just happens to be one of pet hates!!
    As stated previously, It's generally considered that Ms Hayes herself was the source for this story.

She was the source of the story going to the media and I doubt this whole 'stalker' case will actually end up in court. I reckon it might be due to the lack of said stalker!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Can we return to posting civilly with each other please. I don't want to have to lock another thread about this topic just because people can't play nice.

Funny that... When you consider that it was Nikki herself who reported the incident to the papers!!

I don't need to spell for the job I'm heading for!

And yes actually I do know what I'm talking about. Nikki might have supposedly reported it to the papers I'm not saying she did cos I don't know but it's still up to the editor of the paper whether the article gets included they don't have to print everything that gets reported to them. I might send a report to them about how full of sh!t some people are on this and outline my reasoning behind it doesn't mean they're going to print it!

AND THE TOPIC OF THE THREAD APPEARS TO BE HOW GOOD OR BAD JENNY GREENE IS AT "FILLING IN" FOR NIKKI GET BACK ON TOPIC AND COP ON TO YOURSELVES!!!

Sarcasm is welcome, personal abuse crosses the line. Things like that are unneccessary. They cheapen an otherwise solid point of view and weaken your ability to debate .
    There was no personnal abuse in any of my posts!
    So which is it? Is my argument Stupid or fine?
    You're "argument" is fine you're entitled to "argue" what you like so long as you realise that every other person on this board is entitled to their opinion. I don't say that anything I post is fact because everything I post is my own personnal opinion and I'm entitled to have it!

Where's the proof of that cos I really don't think it should be said without proof!

In conclusion, if your opinions on topics that you post here "shouldn't matter" to anyone, why post them? And why get offended when people disagree with them & point out innaccuracies?
    Who's offended? I just think it's stupid that some people have derailed the thread because they want to shout down my opinion?!
    My opinions shouldn't make yee as angry as they seem to be doing!!!

Now as for the topic of the thread get back to it already!
    I've given my opinion on it already. 12-2 is not the same without Nikki!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

There was no personnal abuse in any of my posts!

In fairness petals, Bondvillain was talking about somebody else there, who was personally abusing you as it happens.

Where's the proof of that cos I really don't think it should be said without proof!

Agree with you on that though. Nikki, 2FM and friends etc are keeping very quiet about everything surrounding the case, obviously for a reason. Everyone (boards included) would be better off if half arsed rumours about the case, weren't posted.

PS. Jenny Greene is doing a fine job, from what I've heard !

• Advertisement

You're "argument" is fine you're entitled to "argue" what you like so long as you realise that every other person on this board is entitled to their opinion. I don't say that anything I post is fact because everything I post is my own personnal opinion and I'm entitled to have it!
    No one is denying you the right to an opinion.

Thats why I said "considered to be the source" and not "is the source".
    The former is fair comment, the latter ( if incorrect ) is libel.

Who's offended? I just think it's stupid that some people have derailed the thread because they want to shout down my opinion?!
    My opinions shouldn't make yee as angry as they seem to be doing!!!

Now as for the topic of the thread get back to it already!
    I've given my opinion on it already. 12-2 is not the same without Nikki!

Im not angry, nor am I 'shouting down' your opinion. Sometimes people disagree. I just asked for clarification of the "Advertising?!!! Whatever!" statement you made earlier in the thread.

And the topic of the thread is " No sign of Nikki but Jenny sounds great.. " Shouldn't that mean that fair comment about the wherabouts of Nikki should be permitted along with comparisons between the two broadcasters? She has a lot of fans, and Im sure that they're concerned as to her wherabouts...

(For what it's worth, I can hear no real difference. Jenny is perhaps not as immediately relaxed, but at least she tends not to yammer on about herself as much as Nikki does. Otherwise, it's same format, same music, same everything else.)

<snip>
    And the topic of the thread is " No sign of Nikki but Jenny sounds great.. " Shouldn't that mean that fair comment about the wherabouts of Nikki should be permitted along with comparisons between the two broadcasters? She has a lot of fans, and Im sure that they're concerned as to her wherabouts...

Debating your or my opinion of advertising has got NOTHING to do with the topic!

Debating Nikki's whereabouts other than she's not on air right now has got nothing to do with anyone posting!
    In fairness petals, Bondvillain was talking about somebody else there, who was personally abusing you as it happens.

I didn't see what it was in reference to tbh but there's no harm done in my stating it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Really, who gives a toss if Nikki or Jenny whoever they are, disappeared and NEVER came back.

Not this poster anyway:cool:

Debating your or my opinion of advertising has got NOTHING to do with the topic!

Debating Nikki's whereabouts other than she's not on air right now has got nothing to do with anyone posting!

It does when someone claims that the circumstances of Nikki not being on air may have it's grounds in self-advertising. You then contradict this with a post saying "Advertising?!!! Whatever!" , then seemingly condradict your initial contradiction.
    Then when rebutting the aforementioned statement, you refuse to clarify what your "Advertising?!!! Whatever!" post actually meant if it wasnt an attempt to rubbish the idea of self-promotion, despite being asked politely.

I didn't see what it was in reference to tbh but there's no harm done in my stating it!

If I was easily offended, I could say that in your haste to have a go, you ignored an actual attack on your abilities and intelligence made by another poster (albeit in jest) and promptly insinuated that In my asking this other poster not to personally insult you, what I had ACTUALLY done was wrongly accused you of improper behaviour, but Im not really easily offended, so in this case , you're correct, there is no harm done.

And you're welcome.

Just to re-iterate: For what it's worth, I can hear no real difference. Jenny is perhaps not as immediately relaxed, but at least she tends not to yammer on about herself as much as Nikki does. Otherwise, it's same format, same music, same everything else.

There. all is once again groovy in "on-topic" world.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement