Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

raheny test centre questions

Options
  • 29-04-2008 11:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

hi
    had my last lesson today for test later in week. just few things running through my head so if anyone can answer id appreciate it.

is most of your test done on driving through residential areas, and does the tester normally take you along seafront/kilbarrick for testing you in traffic/ t-junctions etc ? how long is the driving part usually ?

if you are really nervous is it unacceptable to ask the tester can you pull in for a second to compose yourself - im hoping this wont happen but worst case scenario ?

also this is my 2nd test - does examiner see previous test sheet ?

thanks and good luck to all sitting their test.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭colsers22

Hi,

I failed my first test in Raheny.
    I did my second in Mullingar and passed.

I'm not trying to make you nervous, but it is a difficult test centre.
    I am not really sure of the route, but I did go down Watermill road on to the sea front and then back towards Contarf road. Before that, we drove around loads of estates.
    Observation is key here obviously.

One thing I will tell you to watch out for (the woman in front of me and I both failed because of this) is the crossroads in Raheny village. When you're approacing the junction from Supervalu the tester may ask you to turn right, which most people don't really do as they can go down Main st. Be careful here and don't enter the yellow box unless you can clear it! there will be plenty of traffic turning right from the opposite side up Station road. I got a grade 3 for it and it was the only mistake I made.

I don't think they have knowledge of your previous tests or it's outcome but I may be wrong. You might drop in light conversation that it's your second and they might go easier on you

The tester I had was friendly, but he should have passed me :P

Best of luck!!

Advertisement