Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corset piercing

Options
  • 29-04-2008 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭

I really want one, but is it just a tab bit girly?
    PLUS
    Do people know where in ireland do them well?
    there is a BIG difference between a nice one and a sheet one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

CianRyan wrote: »
    I really want one, but is it just a tab bit girly?

I'd have thought so, given that a corset is a feminine thing, but each to their own. :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

what type of piercing are you talking about exactly??

He's talking about a corset piercing.
    CORSET_PIERCING_by_buttonnose.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

They're fair(l)y feminine alright, suppose its really tagged as play piercing. You could just go for a play piercing session... dunno if its suited to this forum. Also most places won't do em on 17 year olds I'm pretty sure

He's talking about a corset piercing.
    CORSET_PIERCING_by_buttonnose.jpg

Thats what I was thinking, but he did say "one", and was wondering if he was talking about something else.

If that is the piercing, then don't expect it to last too long, especially with rings in. With surface bars, the risk of rejection will be minimized slightly, but with so many, at least one of them is bound to give up on ye. /rant :)

anywho, I think Mark in V Piercings has experience in doing these, and he's good at the surface piercing malarky in general

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

they're not that girlie...seen guys get em on their arms, legs, necks etc. would love one myself, dunno of anywhere in Ireland though...although, where's F_S when ye need her, she had one...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I want one on my side. i saw a few like that, and they look great.

I know they're only temp piercings, but i'd love to be able to say iv had it at some stage and get some pictures and that. (wish i was a model... >.<)

Will you were saying they wouldn't do them on a 17 year old? Would i have to be 18 or would it be 21?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i think once you're 18, everything's free game in piercing, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

dunno the laws (if any) about it. But as long as its safe, sane and consensual its ok.

Places won't openly advertise corsetting, well I haven't seen it advertised. Anyone else seen it being advertised?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭popecatapetal

Haven't seen it being advertised, but I was in V a few months ago, when Mark was decorating, and John said he should put up pictures of corset piercings he's done on the walls. Mark said he didn't want to, cos everyone would be asking for them then, and getting disappointed when they were told they were only temporary.

But I'm getting a play piercing session done byMark for my birthday in September, and he said he's only going to charge me for supplies - needles, autoclave bags, etc. So mine'll only be about fifty quid:) I can have the jewellery in for a couple of days, and then I come back in, he'll take them out, and resterilise them.

So yes, V do them sometimes, is what I'm trying to say. And I can't wait for mine!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

I think, but im not sure so don't quote me on it, that Snakebite and Adonis do it, just gotta go talk to them about it, I don't think it's advertised cuz it may be a play piercing but it's serious and the costs would vary depending on size etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Any place will do it for you once you know its not permanent and know the risks generally. The cost can be alot with some places charging by the seperate piercing so a ten point corset might cost nearly 500yo-yos if you walked in off the street. If you know a piercer it'll generally be much less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

If you search on bmezine there's one Mark (Vpiercing) did up there. IMO it is a bit on the girly side but if you want it you should go for it.

my initial thought is that the corset is kinda girly, but i would say defo go for it man. one i'd love, except my preference shall always be strongly for more permanant piercings, so they get first priority, but yarr! post pics if you get it done, and i think most places that have pricelists that mention custom piercings are about who'd do em. still say mark in vpiercings is the man for the job though.

ooh, been googling,a nd found this... think it looks awesome, but ... oof, so much potential to go wrong...

QM-Mya-PiercedStage-37-sm.jpg

It's bound to happen... soon as it's tied, you get an awful itch that no-body else will scratch for you...

or completely forget, and go to brush that bit of hair off your face, or scratch your nose and AAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHH!

there's loads of photos of play piercings and corset piercings up on Modblog/BMEzine, have a look at them.
    I think they really are super pretty, but if I was to do it, I'd probably just 18g/20g play piercing needles, take a few photos then get 'em out.

Advertisement