Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dunphy Quotes, real or not?

• 29-04-2008 11:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

Got this email of supposed quotes from Dunphy.

Do you reckon these are all real?

The last one is particularly hilarious! :D

Real or not theyre brilliant

On Luis Garcia:
    "They (Liverpool) should put Garcia where he belongs - in the dustbin."

On Djibril Cisse:
    "here we have Cisse, right wing, attempts to put in a cross, BANG...hits the full back, again BANG hits the full back, BANG...off the full back again, and once more, BANG...smacks the full back again.... Millions of euro and he can't clear the first man, I mean...what's he trying to do to the full back here, Kill him??"

On Harry Kewell:
    "Kewell should have been yanked off the pitch at half
    time and put in a hot bath, a boiling hot bath."
    "Fat and a clown. A fat clown for all to see."

On Rio Ferdinand:
    "Ferdinand is a clown. He was a liability for the
    first goal and he is always a liability. It was Jan Vennegoor of
    Hesselink against Rio Ferdinand of Barclays Bank."
    "a tramp"

On Fabio Cannavarro:
    "If Rio Ferdinand is worth £100,000 a week, then
    this guy is worth €100 million . . . . . a day"

On Liam Brady (After Ireland lost a two goal lead against Holland in 1983):
    "He is often looked on as a great player. He is nothing of the kind. His performance on Wednesday was a disgrace, a monument to conceit adorned with vanity and self-indulgence, rendered all the more objectional by the swagger of his gait. He was deemed by many observers to have had a splendid game."

On Niall Quinn:
    "I'm not gonna address the Niall Quinn agenda, Niall
    Quinn is a creep"
    "The man's an idiot, a Mother Theresa"

On Barcelona:
    "After watching Watford against Manchester City last night
    that was like a bubblebath. It was beautiful."

On Garth Crooks and Sven Goran Eriksson:
    "ha, ha, ha, that's the first time you'll see sex between 2 men live on the BBC"

During the coverage of Euro 2004:
    "You need dictatorships and poverty to produce great footballers."

On Christiano Ronaldo:
    the way Ronaldo "clicks his heels", is the "most wicked thing in the game." "a simple cheat" "Poof ball"

On Mick McCarthy:
    "He's one of the biggest whingers in world football... he's a bloody eejit."

On Kevin Kilbane:
    "Kilbane's head is better than his feet. If only he had three heads, one on the end of each leg."

On John Giles:
    "Usually it takes a bottle of Bacardi and a gallon of Coke to get John out of his seat."

On Michael Carrick:
    "Carrick was signed for Spurs a few years back for £3m. That's the level he is at. He is a nothing player. He is one-paced. He doesn't have the personality to always get on the ball like a United player should. "

Before the Liverpool .v. Real Betis game at Anfield when Roy Keane announced his retirement from football Bill O'Herlihy stated that in the column about Roy a journalist called him a thug. Dunphy continued roaring at Bill asking him who's column it was. Bill replied it was on the back page of the Sunday Times. "Look at it" he told Eamon. Eamon still pestered him asking who wrote it. Bill replied "I can't remember his name". Eamon continued saying:
    "I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

On about the Fergie V Strachen feud:
    Eamon: "Scots they're either nice or they're horrid and these two are horrid.
    Bill: "The Scots wont like that Eamon, thats bordering on racism".
    Eamon: "Its not racism its ethnic criticism Bill".

On the stubborn climate which exists in the board room at Real Madrid:

"Bill, Bill... those directors over there are on another planet. They're on mushrooms or something...THEY'RE ON ACID BILL!!!"

On John Hartson:

'Bill, Hartson is not a 7million pound player....its a disgrace, a shambles! This is the state of football today Bill. I have a clip here of why Hartson is NOT a £7million player....Roll it there Bill! (literally 1 second in to the clip) OKAY, HOLD IT THERE BILL!!! (draws a circle around Hartson's arse) Bill, that is NOT the arse of a £7million player!''

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Poo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

As much as I despise Dunphy for being nothing more than a polemicist out to stir up controversy and generate ratings, some of those quotes are hilarious. No idea how accurate they are, but that John Hartson one is brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Ive watched/listened to some of them, they are real. I remember watching the Liverpool game when he commented on Cisse .. twas true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Is that Brady one true?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

the kewell one is the best:
    a clown,a fat clown for all to see.

thats ridiculous

He couldnt have said that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

On John Hartson:

'Bill, Hartson is not a 7million pound player....its a disgrace, a shambles! This is the state of football today Bill. I have a clip here of why Hartson is NOT a £7million player....Roll it there Bill! (literally 1 second in to the clip) OKAY, HOLD IT THERE BILL!!! (draws a circle around Hartson's arse) Bill, that is NOT the arse of a £7million player!''

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I have seen a number of them live, including the Hartson one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

After reading that John Hartson one, i have a new found respect for Dunphy :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

"Fat and a clown. A fat clown for all to see."

...absolutely fantastic, thanks for putting these quotes up here :D I've heard at least half of them before so im assuming theyre all true, they do all sound like something he would say...

Still think the man is a moron, criticised Ji Sung Park all night tonight and I thought he was brilliant, ended up switching to ITV1 just to get away from the ronaldo/j.s. park comments which were bullcrap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

judas101 wrote: »
    Before the Liverpool .v. Real Betis game at Anfield when Roy Keane announced his retirement from football Bill O'Herlihy stated that in the column about Roy a journalist called him a thug. Dunphy continued roaring at Bill asking him who's column it was. Bill replied it was on the back page of the Sunday Times. "Look at it" he told Eamon. Eamon still pestered him asking who wrote it. Bill replied "I can't remember his name". Eamon continued saying:
    "I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

That one was priceless. One of the better moments in TV.

It's probably been posted before but sure why not again.

Around 9:20

Bill: "Ah now Eamonn come now thats out of order"
    Dunphy: "You started it"
    Bill: "I didn't"

Schoolboy bitchin at its best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

I remember seeing him say a lot of them on tv, (Kewell, Quinn, Cannavaro, Rod Liddle) so its not just urban myth, i'm inclined to believe he said them all. I dont remember him circling John Hartsons arse, however I do remember him nearly falling off the chair laughing at him cos he couldnt run... (due to being a fat clown i presume!!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

I remember spitting beer all over the place when he came up with the crooks\sven comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

I heard 80% of them live straight from the Donkeys mouth so I'd assume they're all spot on.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

eZe^ wrote: »
    I heard 80% of them live straight from the Donkeys mouth so I'd assume they're all spot on.
    Ditto. I love the Cisse and ethnic criticism ones. :)

Anyone have a transcript of the one from Euro 2006 when, if I recall correctly, he read out an article written by Henry Winter (Telegraph), and started off on a rant on why everyone wants England to lose? He said something like “they actually think that god is an Englishman”.

A favourite of mine from dangerhere.com:

Giles: "Football fans have short memories, Eamon."
    Dunphy: "I found at Millwall that fans had long memories, John. They never forgot how bad I was! HA HA HA HA HA!"
    Giles: [Silence]

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KrazeeEyezKilla

Only that I saw it live after England/Ecuador at WC2006 I wouldn't believe he said that line about Sven and Gareth Crooks having gay sex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

ziggy wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

+1 Man he was appalling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Best one was when Rikard spat on Voeller in the 1990 world cup. Eamo froze the pic and took out the magic marker:

"Thats a quality gozzer"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Only that I saw it live after England/Ecuador at WC2006 I wouldn't believe he said that line about Sven and Gareth Crooks having gay sex.

he did it was brilliant!!!! in context it was very funny, Eamo was just saying in his own way that the two of them agreed with everything the other said and that maybe one of them seemed to be in love with the other and had his head up his arse the whole time! very true and very funny tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

How about asking Bill about the train driver from Dublin to Cork when he was slating it's Stan? That was quality tv, worth the tv licence fee alone :D i love the way he riles up Brady it's class. I wonder if Souness misses the craic when he's on Sky with those dryballs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

How about asking Bill about the train driver from Dublin to Cork when he was slating it's Stan? That was quality tv, worth the tv licence fee alone :D i love the way he riles up Brady it's class. I wonder if Souness misses the craic when he's on Sky with those dryballs

that was brilliant.

"Would you let him drive the train to Cork Bill?" and then does a car steering wheel action with his hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭weemcd

he was brilliant tonight, when talking about poor sportsmanship, managers slating referees etc. he says something along the line of - no other sport, in the world, would ever allow this with their officialls, with the exception of the W.W...W.F...

lmao mans a legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

On a week when Ian Wright resigned from the BBC (will be sorely missed by no-one)because they weren't taking him seriously enough, God if Dunphy went the pundit world would be a poorer place, love him or loathe him he is not dull.

Advertisement