Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying Xbox 360

• 30-04-2008 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭

I have just decided that i want to buy a 360, i would like to know if anybody know's where the best buy is... whether it is off some website in asia or the north america or even in the local tesco or xtravision.

max i will pay is about 350e for the console 2 controllers and all the cables etc + GTA IV and maybe another game.

any ideas? whats better about the elite? just the extra 100gb HDD?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

The Elite comes with the bigger hard-drive, has a HDMI out port and it's black (sexy).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Are you planning on going online OP? what kind of telly have you got?

It all depends on how you want to use your xbox.

YOu can get a basic xbox now for 200e. Dont expect any deals on GTA in the near future tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

Thanks guys^^

Think i've decided to get the 299e deal in xtra vision. XBOX 360 premium + 4 games. best deal i've seen, not even any better deals in asia/US/anywhere else.

So i think i will hook it up to my LCD screen as its better than my tv at home. does a cable for this come free? or must i buy it? whats the name the cable? thanks in advance

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,698 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

For LCD you will be looking for the VGA HD cable, which unfortunately does not come with it. But it is the best cable for the Xbox with the exception of HDMI, so it is worth the money. Enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

If your lcd screen decodes HDCP get the HDMI to DVI cable from www.dealextreme.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

http://www.dealextreme.com/search.dx/search.VGA%20HD%20cable

which one is it? theres at least a dozen types. and how long does that site take to ship?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Op, you get a basic HD cable and SD cable with the xbox. Suss it out first to see if you are happy with the quality before buying another cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

faceman wrote: »
    Op, you get a basic HD cable and SD cable with the xbox. Suss it out first to see if you are happy with the quality before buying another cable.

Hes using it on his monitor so the basic cable is hardly going to work?

I have this one (link) for my Ps3 and it works perfectly

Actually hold on, i need to check something!

EDIT: Apparently your going to need to do this to get sound

Advertisement