Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darts,Bowling etc

• 30-04-2008 12:37am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is it possible to play these mini games in the multiplayer part of the game like the free roam? It was rumoured that you were supposed to be but when i went to the bowling alley on free roam it was empty and i couldnt get a game going. Anyone able to confirm whether you can or cant,not a guess but actually either you've done it or know it cant be done.

Cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

It cant be done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Axwell wrote: »
    Is it possible to play these mini games in the multiplayer part of the game like the free roam? It was rumoured that you were supposed to be but when i went to the bowling alley on free roam it was empty and i couldnt get a game going. Anyone able to confirm whether you can or cant,not a guess but actually either you've done it or know it cant be done.

Cheers

Seriously, you are on MP for GTA 4. Why oh why would you want to play Bowling instead? :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Eh cos it was rumoured to be in the game along with anything else you can do in the story mode and so that you could meet a bunch of mates in there and play pool or bowling however it seems it isnt there which i think is a bit disappointing as it would have made multiplayer so much better to include all these things.
    The mini games, the strip joints, the bars, all empty so no use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Eh cos it was rumoured to be in the game along with anything else you can do in the story mode and so that you could meet a bunch of mates in there and play pool or bowling however it seems it isnt there which i think is a bit disappointing as it would have made multiplayer so much better to include all these things.
    The mini games, the strip joints, the bars, all empty so no use.

Surely the fact you can go on a complete rampage will soften the blow?

Have you played GTA games before? Going on a complete rampage is nothing new, the fact that its now online is good and all but these mini games etc were what would have made it fantastic and deserved the 10/10 IGN gave it. The fact Rockstar said you can do anything you can do in the story mode in multiplayer and then left them out is disappointing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

Have you played GTA games before? Going on a complete rampage is nothing new, the fact that its now online is good and all but these mini games etc were what would have made it fantastic and deserved the 10/10 IGN gave it. The fact Rockstar said you can do anything you can do in the story mode in multiplayer and then left them out is disappointing.

I believe some people are being a bit petty in looking for minor things within what is overall a great game. Cant say this would take away from the enjoyment at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

I'd have loved R* to include a poker room so I could play some texas hold'em. would have been a good way to earn some extra cash and could have been implemented into the game I'm sure. then again, I may have spent too much time there if they had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Oi, Big Mac! Bowling's great, right! :pac:

I actually agree with Axwell here, while the online rampages would no doubt be great, you really should be able to play these mini-games, visit strip clubs in the online version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

There is a poker machine somewhere, I remember seeing it last night..

HBK wrote: »
    I believe some people are being a bit petty in looking for minor things within what is overall a great game. Cant say this would take away from the enjoyment at all.

That would be fine if they hadnt said you can do everything online that you can offline except the main story. To find out then that you cant is just annoying, especially when the games are already in the game and playable, it wouldnt have taken much to make them playable online. It would have been better if they werent in it at all than to put them there and then find out you cant play them online.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

It would have been better if they werent in it at all.

Really, really?

That's how strongly you feel about this?

Wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

I think there fairly crap to be honest also!

I found a cube arcade machine at the back of the cabaret club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

The mini games are a little too easy dont you think?
    I mean, you'd have to be suffering from parkinsons disease in both hands to not score what you needed in Darts.

Free roaming the world of GTA, with friends, doing whatever the hell came into your mind, has been a dream of everyones since GTA3.

It's finally happend and now its only going to get better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

im pretty sure i played gta3 online...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

The only time I can think of where it would be worthwhile having the minigames online is if one group of players was in a bar playing darts or pool, and another group burst in the door and massacred them. That'd be good!

On the games themselves, I like darts and bowling, but pool i think is terrible. I spent 25 minutes on a game with Little Jacob. Kept missing my damn shots.

Advertisement