Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lazy repairs?

Options
  • 30-04-2008 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭

A few months ago i sent my car in for repairs after an accident. When i got it back it was evening and the back of the car was there again (not half in clonee) :rolleyes: so i was happy to drive off. I noticed two things though:

1. the handbrake can be pulled rite up to the limits on the centre console without much effort
    2. there is silver paint on the bonnet. not much but it's there and noticable. (its a red car).

now it not being my car i didn't have the final say in it even though all repairs were carried out in my name. should i have said something about it to the garage? before it went in the handbrake could only go about halfway before it got tight and... there were no foreign paint traces.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

You may have left it too long to make a viable complaint to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

kbannon wrote: »
    You may have left it too long to make a viable complaint to be honest!

I entirely agree. Some years ago I managed a large motor works, and we used to get this sort of thing a lot -- "You repaired/serviced my car last month, and now the handbrake (substitute your own choice) doesn't work right. What are you going to do about it?" Answer "Nothing. If you were not satisfied with our work then you should have told us within a few days at the latest. Otherwise, what you are claiming for could have happened at any time since you took the car back."

Advertisement