Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor Bill Upgrade

• 30-04-2008 2:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭

Meteor Bill Upgrade.

I have a bit of a problem if anyone could help me out.

I’m nine months into my second contract with meteor, I've never had a single problem with meteor, in fact I kept a prepay meteor sim while I was on O2 Bill Pay. I soon got sick of keeping two phones and switched completely to Meteor because I was so happy with them.

Anyway, my Nokia 6300 is causing me a whole load of grief lately (freezing up, not ringing, not receiving texts) so I asked in my local meteor store whether or not I could get an upgrade at this stage of my contract. The lady there said I really need to ring direct and have a chat with them, but I should have a good chance considering it’s my second contract, my phone is nearly knackered and my monthly spend is always €70-80.

So I eagerly rang Meteor and asked about my chances. I explained that I had no problem signing a contract for 15 months or whatever they wanted to do. I need my phone so I don’t really care. I just hate the idea of spending like €100 on a crappy prepaid phone, only to throw it in the cupboard when my upgrade does come through.

Now the guy I was talking to wasn’t rude or anything but he told me that once I purchased the phone it was my property and my own responsibility to look after it, I have no problem there. I just replied with “surely if the phone isn’t working properly I can’t spend money on the network”. He told me that it was not their responsibility and maybe I should buy a prepaid phone or use an old phone. I can’t speak for anyone else, but I generally change my phone when it stops working properly.

So this conversation went on and on, I was getting plenty of apologies and “oh I’m so sorry” which was just annoying me even more. So in the end I said that “seen as I wasn’t getting any help from Meteor, maybe I’ll just stick out the rest of the contract and move back to O2” the guy just goes “grand, if that’s what you feel you have to do”

I know upgrades occur every 12 months, but I’m not asking for a free phone and I’m not trying to get out of my contract. They are going to be offering me an upgrade in 3 months anyway, where’s the problem??

So, am I just expecting too much from Meteor?

Cheers, D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Thats funny, I'm in the same situation and I am being offered an upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭Dirk_digbee

Oh thanks Truckle, now I’m completely disgusted!
    Any suggestions for me? What did you say to them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

You'll be due an upgrade once your 11th bill is paid. Maybe offer to pay your next bill and the minimum commitment so they'll approve you for the upgrade?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

So I eagerly rang Meteor and asked about my chances. I explained that I had no problem signing a contract for 15 months or whatever they wanted to do

there is no facility on the system for this so they can't do it. there's no such thing as a 15 month contract

the problem is that you're not entitled to an upgrade. simple as that.

as chrislad says, maybe if you offer to pay your remaining monthly commitments in advance they might be able to override it but they can't just give people upgrades who aren't entitled to them. maybe ask to speak to a team leader

Advertisement