Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You're going to die.

Options
  • 30-04-2008 2:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭

This is quite an unusual video. Some might find it disturbing - I'd be interested in the extent to which it reflects people's views.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

It could have done with the music from that Baz Lhurman song "sunscreen" in the background

Apart from that, it's a pretty good video. A little bit heavy handed maybe, but I suppose that is just the poster trying to drive their point home which is fair enough given the subject.

I agree with the views of the person who made the video on pretty much every point

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

Pff.

If you don't assign such importance to the present (whatever that is), and regard each moment in time equally, then people are immortal and unchanging.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

At least it ends on a kinda positive note!

Reminded me of a William Shatner/Ben Folds 'song'.
    (from the brilliant album "Has Been" btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Death... It's not the end of the world!

Good video.
    AD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

The voice is kind of annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Saying that everybody's going to die is not the deepest thing I've heard today. But taking five minutes to say it is unforgivable!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Is this really worth watching? My intardnet is poor at the mo so I have to ration my youtubing.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

eoin5 wrote: »
    Is this really worth watching? My intardnet is poor at the mo so I have to ration my youtubing.

I'll sum it up for you:
    You're going to die, so love life.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Scofflaw wrote: »
    I'd be interested in the extent to which it reflects people's views.

It doesn't really. It could, very well, be right, and in fact I think it's a pretty reasonable view, but to me, it's "You will die, after that eh, no idea. I'd put money on there being nothing after death but I'm not and probably never will be certain about that".

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

I think if I had to listen to that guys voice for longer than the five minutes I'd head straight for the tide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I quite liked his voice. The occasional rustle of paper and wet lips smacking is less cool though.

<3 the Lion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

Great video! Really hammers the point home. Yes, we are going to die, and there's nothing we can do about it. If everyone could accept this simple truth, the world would be a far better place.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

5uspect wrote: »
    I'll sum it up for you:
    You're going to die, so love life.

Sure I could have told you that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Cato

yea... great video, who wrote the script captain obvios? :/ turned it of after 30s got sick of it really

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

18AD wrote: »
    Death... It's not the end of the world!

Subjectively speaking, it is.

Advertisement