Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sad to leave?

Options
  • 30-04-2008 2:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭

So its that time of the year, where people think what they'll be doing next year, you going to be sad leaving this year, or expect to be when you finally graduate?
    I certainly will be, Ive met some great people done, tried and learned lots of different things. If you can see past the whole concrete jungle, its actually not the worst auld place, ugg boots and all!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGZ0mDQc3rQ

Sad to Leave? 32 votes

Yes, very
    0% 0 votes
    Meh, indifferent
    53% 17 votes
    No, good riddance
    18% 6 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    28% 9 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Will be very glad to go. It's nothing against UCD really, just really haven't enjoyed college at all and can't wait to actually get a proper job and get on with things I've been meaning to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭PennyLane

I'm not graduating, I've got another year back at Boston University, but I'll be sure sad to leave this place. Mostly I think because BU sucks loads and the people I've met here are far more awesome. Ah well, at least I'll be able to drink legally there, too, by the time college starts again. That should help the pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Very very sad to leave. Don't think I realised how much I actually love the place until now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

I'm indifferent. I was never in UCD as most of you guys know it, spend my first year in Belfield and had a ball, but 3 years in the Terrace then 2 years in hospitals means you don't feel that much a part of the usual Belfield buzz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭farva

I'll be sad to go, I've only been here for 3 years and thats too short, I'd like another year. I'll miss all the friends I've made, having very little pressure on me, going out boozing at random times, won't miss doing loads of study though! I had a good time in UCD and am very glad I chose it over Trinity! Its going to be weird (and scary!) starting work or "my career" in October but I'm looking foward to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

I'll be sad but I have another year to go anyway. I'll be bored for most of the holidays most likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

If I do end up leaving UCD for good I'll be quite cut up about it, yeah.
    Strange really, given how much I dislike the place and consistently b*tched about almost everything about the place for the duration of my 5 years here!
    What I'll really miss though are the people and the whole student lifestyle rather than the campus or anything about the institution itself.

I'll miss this place though, no question.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

5k Posts . Nice one Arbeitboi

I will not be leaving next year. But I certainly wont be too sad to have seen the back of this year and my undergraduate years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

I've got to say that UCD wasn't for me. After 4 years, it's a means to an end.

There won't be tears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

very happy to leave

i will be sad that the college 'bubble' will be burst next week but i wont be sad to leave UCD

hated the place from my first day. the course was literally the only thing that kept me here. sure the facilities are decent compared to other colleges, luckily i did meet some genuinely fantastic people along my way but overall UCD has no atmosphere, it's pretentious, it's full of cliques... nothing i haven't said here before, it was just not my type of place, i wont miss it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I'm not leaving, but I'll be sorry to see my class leave.

I've actually genuinely enjoyed my four years here with them - even if we've had our problems.

One thing I won't miss is all the campuses - the days of going to three different campuses on a thursday for lectures will nay be missed.

I think i really only got into the UCD spirit in my last two years - hence why I'm staying for a fifth - I'm not ready to leave here just yet - plus I like research.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I'm really shocked that I'm not that bothered about leaving, it's possibly because I don't see my college life over just yet, partly because an MA in art history does not qualify you to do very much ;)
    I loved my subjects and my lecturers but the college itself I won't really miss. I wasn't massively social but I did meet a new best friend that I can see me being friends with for a really long time and I'd rather that over a ton of new friends. (Awwww) (I'm shy!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

tribulus wrote: »
    Will be very glad to go. It's nothing against UCD really, just really haven't enjoyed college at all and can't wait to actually get a proper job and get on with things I've been meaning to do.
    Agreed, I hope i pass these 4 exams i have :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭Charlie

I've only spent a year here, doing a masters, and I won't be sad to leave. So many things piss me off on a daily basis about this place, the only redeeming qualities are the people you meet, but I think that happens everywhere, regardless of where you study.

As Ireland's largest university, UCD is an embarrassment by international standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

I did my degree in UCD from 2002-2005. I hated the place altogether. Decided I hadnt really given it a fair go. Came back this year to do a postgrad and found out I still hate UCD. The best thing is the people you meet. Never took to UCD at all.

I love Wexford so much... GOODBYE DUBLIN AND UCD - Good Riddance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Grimes wrote: »
    5k Posts . Nice one Arbeitboi
    Cheers guv :)
    Obviously I'll miss you most of all ;)

In all honesty I'll probably end up working here... And then in 20 years I'll realise I'm still in UCD and never left!:eek:
    Nah that's not too likely...

Advertisement