Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porting NTL Broadband settings to new Mac

Options
  • 30-04-2008 2:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

Apologies if this is a daft question, but I'm looking to get an iMac shortly to replace the geriatric PC that's currently hooked up to the NTL modem. Can't articulate this particularly well, but in a nutshell, when the old PC is chucked, will the cable modem work ok with the new main machine, or will a visit from an NTL engineer be required to configure the modem with the mac?

I've a PS3, Xbox, laptop etc all using a wireless router that's attached to the PC - a separate issue - but I'm keen that I won't be without BB for work as well as play.

If required, I'm thinking of making the appointment a week before time given how long it's taken in the past.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,488 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Should be just a mattrer of disconnecting the ethernet cable from your PC and connecting it to your mac, NTL engineer is not required.

If your using a router which is connected to your cable modem then simply connect that to your mac instead,

Advertisement