Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Full metal playlist

• 30-04-2008 7:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for help to compile the ultimate metal workout playlist. Basically I'm looking for some new tracks to stick into a playlist for when I'm training. At the moment I find Hatebreed, Walls of Jericho style hardcore to be the best. As much as I like Converge and Job for a Cowboy, its hard to keep a steady pace with em.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,635 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

My sister used to borrow my iPod when she was training, and she found the best pacing music to be Rammstein. I don't have much other music thats like them, but I would recommend checking out some industrial bands, or other bands with a heavy central beat.

I don't do any training, but if I did, I would pick Slayer. Whenever I listen to them, I tend to do whatever I'm doing faster (that includes driving :o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Something low and heavy as bejaysus. Like Down, Crowbar. Meshuggah would work well (that song Bleed from their new album obZen would suffice. Or New Millenium Cyanide Christ from Chaosphere.........or just that whole album! :D )

For cathartic/energetic tunes try Dying Fetus, Cannibal Corpse (if you're not familiar the easiest album to get in to would be Kill)

Go forth, pump some metal. Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngh!!!!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I don't think I've ever done a workout to metal before but some songs with a good fast tempo for me are:

Hate Crew Deathroll by Children Of Bodom
    Laid To Rest by Lamb Of God
    My Heart Bleeds No Longer by Unearth
    Roots Bloody Roots by Sepultura
    and of course anything that Mr. Motivator would recommend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

For raw energy choose Motorhead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

damonjewel wrote: »
    For raw energy choose Motorhead

Agreed.

I'd also possibly recommend:

HK Hunter-Killer - Fear Factory
    Replica - Fear Factory
    Revolution Is My Name - Pantrea
    Fuel - Metallica
    Troops Of Doom - Sepultura

If you really want to push the boat out, you could try Napalm Death or Cattle Decapitation or some of those other mad grindcore metal bands! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭ZakAttak

Carnivore (Pete Steele's band before he fronted Type O Negative) have a song which is imaginatively titled 'Carnivore'- its such a bonehead, thrashy, macho-male song; perfect for when you're lifting weights (really puts you in the "are you talkin ta me?" mood).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

I've found Blood & Thunder by Mastodon to be a good 'un too. Oh and all of Pantera's Vulgar Display of Power album.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Twin Lance

I know what ya mean about keeping pace, some bands have songs perfect for working out but kinda screw ya over with weird time changes and such. Bit of the heavier Avenged Sevenfold stuff, Killswitch are always good (This Fire Burns is the ultimate pump song!), Shadows Fall and Underoath if you're into that kinda thing, which many people aren't, funnily enough :D
    And Max_Damage, for a 40 minute session you'd probably need about 7 or 8 grindcore albums :D

Twin Lance wrote: »
    And Max_Damage, for a 40 minute session you'd probably need about 7 or 8 grindcore albums :D

Ha! True, given that Napalm Death have the world's shortest song (just over a second long!)

Max_Damage wrote: »
    Ha! True, given that Napalm Death have the world's shortest song (just over a second long!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Someone mentioned Replica by Fear Factory, I'd throw most of their Demanufacture album in the mix, especially Self-Bias Resistor, Pisschrist and HK. I also find Arch Enemy and Machine Head to be useful in keeping you going. Just watch out that you don't sit on the weighs bench nodding your head to a solo or something :).

malice_ wrote: »
    Someone mentioned Replica by Fear Factory, I'd throw most of their Demanufacture album in the mix, especially Self-Bias Resistor, Pisschrist and HK. I also find Arch Enemy and Machine Head to be useful in keeping you going. Just watch out that you don't sit on the weighs bench nodding your head to a solo or something :).

+1

Digimortal isn't a bad album either. The song 'Linchpin' I'd very much recommend from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭kev_s88

chin_grin wrote: »
    Something low and heavy as bejaysus. Like Down, Crowbar. Meshuggah would work well (that song Bleed from their new album obZen would suffice. Or New Millenium Cyanide Christ from Chaosphere.........or just that whole album! :D )

For cathartic/energetic tunes try Dying Fetus, Cannibal Corpse (if you're not familiar the easiest album to get in to would be Kill)

Go forth, pump some metal. Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngh!!!!! :P

Pissing in the Mainstream by Dying Fetus would be a great one to use.

but for me i normally just listen to anything by Nile.its the sorta music that is just all fast tempo beat.you cant even understand the lyrics so you dont get distracted.all you hear is the beat....plus most of their songs are tuned to drop A so its all bassy and sh1t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I find a lot of White Zombie stuff has a good bit of groove to it, give them a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

Bury me in smoke - Down
    Refuse Resist - Sepultura

Oh and embarrasingly............. Rock you like a Hurricane - Scorpions

If that doesn't make you lift heavier you have no testosterone in your system I don't care what you say.

kevpants wrote: »
    Bury me in smoke - Down
    Refuse Resist - Sepultura

Oh and embarrasingly............. Rock you like a Hurricane - Scorpions

If that doesn't make you lift heavier you have no testosterone in your system I don't care what you say.

Roots Bloody Roots by Sepeltura works well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Ah, gotta love heavy metal work-outs. Some of my personal favourites:

Gojira - Heaviest Matter in the Universe
    Testament - Down For Life
    Machine Head - Block
    Mastodon - Blood and Thunder
    Sepultura - Amen
    Lamb of God - Beating on Death's Door
    Morbid Angel - Dawn of the Angry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭Menolias

Machinehead
    Killswitch Engage