Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moscow as a CL Final Venue

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

marco_polo wrote: »
    Kidding I hope? :)
    Of coures I know Russia is in Europe. But Moscow is not in the centre of Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

So let me get this right; UEFA are holding the final in a city, with notorious policing and hooligan problems, at a time in the day which gives fans a marathon drinking session, and will then release said fans onto the streets of Moscow at about 1 am-ish?

What a bunch of fcuk-wits. The above alone should be reason enough to nix such a proposal, let alone factoring in; the travelling time, visa issues, and the extortionate prices for flights.

This is just another example at how the footballing authorities seem to, with great ease, marginalise actual Football supporters, all because it makes 'corporate sense'.

I just cant wait to see what William 'i've got an answer for everything' Gaillard will come up with when this big mess implodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Havent been but I've heard its a right skip from two lads that have travelled there with their national teams in recent years (Ireland & Wales).

In both cases they got a leathering from the locals IN FRONT of the federalés who merely looked on :rolleyes:

If you offered me a trip with transfers to and from the stadium I'd have to think long and hard about it. Shouldnt have to do that with such a prestigous event. UEFA obviously did fcuk all research on the venue and it was just a case of "its their turn".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

dc69 wrote: »
    the vidoes/picures I saw on ssn tell a different story,looks a kip.

that pic does look good though.

It's definitely not a kip. Apart from the crappy running track(finals should never be held in stadiums with tracks:mad:), it actually looks top notch.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/08YLa5odlafqD/610x.jpg

http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_pictures/europe/russia/moscow_luzniki1.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Of coures I know Russia is in Europe. But Moscow is not in the centre of Europe.

I misinterpreted whan you meant, but if you look at the previous map it had the center of Europe marked as in the the Ukraine, which is why I thought you were disowning Moscow as a part of Europe :).

Back on topic picking a country with such strict visa requirements is not UEFAs greatest decision IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

I dont get why Luzniki is bad?Its quite good looking and Olimpico is similar and it looks crapy comparing to Luzniki

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭4-age

BaZmO* wrote: »

Thats the European union sunshine :rolleyes: , Russia is in the contanent of Europe

"Europe isn't a place, it's a state of mind!" lol awsome

I agree moscow isnt the greatest choice btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

+1 for holding it in Paris every year.

Fantastic stadium, beautiful city that is well used to dealing with crowds and offers plentiful accommodation. Easiest destination for fans from countries with teams most likely to progress to final.

Obviously it'll never happen, but it would be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Every country which has clubs playing in the Champions League should be considered.

You's talk of hooligans and notorious police, so that rules out all of Eastern Europe and parts of Scandinavia, sure we'll add the trigger happy police of Italy and France aswell.:mad:

I'm sure the oul Chelsea Headhunters want to win tonight so they can meet up with their fellow right-winged skinheads in Moscow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Sizzler wrote: »
    In both cases they got a leathering from the locals IN FRONT of the federalés who merely looked on :rolleyes:

Bleedin' Mexicans!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭GalwayDub2

UEFA had contemplated changing the venue if it ended up with 2 English teams, seems mental dragging everyone over there. But they have been doing up the stadium in Moscow for a year now preparing for it so that wasnt an option.

If Liverpool win tonight, I'll be there, flights booked, tickets sorted.....just need Liverpool to win now!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

mike65 wrote: »
    I think holding the CL final in Paris every year would actually make very good sense, any likely winner is going to come from 2 of 6/7 nations all of which are in WESTERN europe.

England/Italy/Spain/Germany/Portugal/Netherlands/France

Shuffling it around badly run eastern hell-holes which cost a fortune and take 3 days to get to and from makes no sense to anyone except UEFA.

Mike.

Moscow have to say appears to be a poor choice. But the policy appears to be to share it around.
    Paris in 2006 overall was organised well,however even there around the stadium was a total joke,lack of turnstiles, fans appeared allowed in without tickets as quite a few people just standing. Authorities could learn lots from how football is organised in England.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

mike65 wrote: »
    I think holding the CL final in Paris every year would actually make very good sense, any likely winner is going to come from 2 of 6/7 nations all of which are in WESTERN europe.

England/Italy/Spain/Germany/Portugal/Netherlands/France

Shuffling it around badly run eastern hell-holes which cost a fortune and take 3 days to get to and from makes no sense to anyone except UEFA.

Mike.

yeah moscow is just so backward.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

GalwayDub2 wrote: »
    UEFA had contemplated changing the venue if it ended up with 2 English teams, seems mental dragging everyone over there. But they have been doing up the stadium in Moscow for a year now preparing for it so that wasnt an option.

If Liverpool win tonight, I'll be there, flights booked, tickets sorted.....just need Liverpool to win now!! :D

Ooops.:rolleyes::eek::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭GalwayDub2

flahavaj wrote: »
    Ooops.:rolleyes::eek::D

Tell me about it :rolleyes: Have to go about cancelling bloody flights now :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement