Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My new build

Options
  • 30-04-2008 8:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hi there.

Though I should post my new build. If anyone has any pointers or ideas please post your thoughts. I will post pictures when the hole lot is done.

Have just ordered some stuff from both Komplett.ie and OCuK.
    Motherboard:
    Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6, X48, Socket-775

Ram:
    OCZ DDR2 PC8000 4GB KIT, Reaper X HPC

PSU:
    Thermaltake ToughPower 850W Modular

CPU:
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 LGA775 'Wolfdale' 3.00GHz (1333FSB)

CPU Cooler:
    Tuniq Tower 120-LFB

Bay Cooler:
    Scythe Kama-Bay System

Stuff I already have from the build I am running currently that I will keep (at least for a while)
    Case:
    Lian-Li V1000 plus (black)

GPU:
    Ati 1900XTX (Will be getting new gpu in a week or two)

Hard drive:
    2xSeagate 320Gb Raid 0

Monitor:
    ViewSonic VX2025WM 20" Widescreen LCD Monitor

Keyboard:
    Saitek PZ30AU Eclipse Illuminated Keyboard

Mouse:
    Razer/Microsoft Habu Laser Gaming Mouse

Soundcard:
    Creative X-Fi Extreme music.

Stuff I still need to get:
    Hard drives:
    2xSamsung SpinPoint F1 750Gb

GPU:
    Not sure yet what I am going to go for, this is why I haven't got it yet hehe. Maybe a 9800Gx2.

Thats it from me =)
    Peace out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Skidmcmarx

Hey man, i recently bought a 1900xtx from a guy on adverts but havent even got to use it yet. Whats this card like. Is it ne gud??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 c0rn

Hi there =)

Well I would say that it all depends, it can not keep up with a 8800 card (not even close sadly). But I can run all Source (i.e Counter Strike Source, Half Life 2 and so on) very well. I can play Call Of Duty 4 but not as good as I would like to. Quake 4 runs nice (after som cfg tweaking) and even Quake wars play good, same as COD4 I would say.

With my AMD 4200x2 and 4Gb ram I get about 6200 points in 3DMark with that card if that says anything to you =)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Skidmcmarx

Sounds enuf 4 me to be honest. It wont be used for any HEAVY gaming. How well does the card perform with HD playback??

Thanks for the reply also

To be honest I have not tried any "real" HD playback (i.e Blue. or HD-DVD). I do remember something way back about ATI/AMD getting sued for saying that all the x1900xtx cards where HDCP ready but that it did not work. You can read a article about it here from 2006.

To find out more about HDCP you can read about it at wikipedia here. So without real support for HDCP it maybe will be hard to play movies for a disk. But as I said, I am not sure as I have not tried.

I have of course downloaded movie clips in HD resolutions and they have been super crisp, clear and ran smoothly. But this does not really have that much to do with the card it self.

Hoped that help hehe.

To be honest I have not tried any "real" HD playback (i.e Blue. or HD-DVD). I do remember something way back about ATI/AMD getting sued for saying that all the x1900xtx cards where HDCP ready but that it did not work. You can read a article about it here from 2006.

To find out more about HDCP you can read about it at wikipedia here. So without real support for HDCP it maybe will be hard to play movies for a disk. But as I said, I am not sure as I have not tried.

I have of course downloaded movie clips in HD resolutions and they have been super crisp, clear and ran smoothly. But this does not really have that much to do with the card it self.

Hoped that help hehe.

• Advertisement

hmm I just saw that for some reason I have done a dubble post. Sorry about that.

My stuff that is coming from OCuK is taking for ever (not really OCuK fault though). Not sure if I should be worried now, I have been tracking my stuff via parcelforce web site and all looked good until it got over to Ireland and GLS has taken over the shipment. Take a look at this.

02-05-2008 22:53 Delivery Agent - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF DELIVERY ADDRESS DATA CHANGED
    02-05-2008 22:52 Delivery Agent - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF Rerouted to correct destination
    02-05-2008 22:52 Delivery Agent - IRELAND, REPUBLIC OF Arrived at destination country
    01-05-2008 21:05 International Hub Export item accepted into network
    01-05-2008 21:02 International Hub Arrived at outward Office of Exchange
    01-05-2008 17:11 Stoke Depot On route to hub
    01-05-2008 14:44 Stoke Depot Collected from customer

Why would my stuff change delivery address, this seems very weird to me.

Guessing I am just going to have to wait until Tuesday and see (damn bank holiday on Monday hehe).

/c0rn

Advertisement