Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL - how to disconnect?

Options
  • 30-04-2008 8:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've been trying to get my broadband disconnected by NTL for the past week due to their broadband not working (for the past 3 weeks, I've had 2 technicians out, and still no working broadband). Unsuccessfully.

They either don't answer calls at all, I've logged three callbacks so far, never been called back by the disconnection people (but got a nice sales call last night - that woman probably wished she never got up that day...), was told they only work 9-5 (that was at 4 in the afternoon, with an hour of their alleged work day still to go), and I'm pretty livid at this stage.

Anything I can do short of cancelling my direct debit and waiting for them to chase me?

Cheers
    galah

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

At this stage, I am boiling.

Just called them again, asked to speak to a manager after the agent was extremely unhelpful, and was told that 'managers don't take phone calls'.

Excuse me? Are companies not supposed to have an escalation procedure in place?

So I am still waiting for any acknowledgement of my disconnection request.

This is ridiculous.

/rant over

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Send them a letter[registered] and send/go to the bank with a letter.

I had the same trouble when I was canceling.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055248884 - I posted here at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

Ya, I had same problem with chorus. Broadband was very patchy and then it gave up all together. They said they would come out one day and they never showed up and after loads of calls I just stopped paying them and wrote a long email saying how terrible the service and customer service were and that I wasn't paying them anymore, they cancelled it within the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

ok, sent off an email now. Demanded to resolve the issue within 5 days, threatened them with a complaint to Comreq and National Consumer Agency.

If I don't hear back by next Tuesday, I send off another letter by post, and cancel the direct debit.

What a bunch of muppets.

Advertisement