Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you all think of Niko Bellic as the main character?

• 30-04-2008 8:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Looking for opinions on Niko Bellic. At first I did not really like him but the more that I play the game the more he grows on me! It seems that no matter how much he kills people its still easy to forgive him! Also I really liked the idea of the scar on his eyebrow. Its a nice touch. He seems to be the sort of person you would expect to find in this type of game and for me he fits in really well.

What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

He a funny guy, bit of a ugly F##ker. Can't get him to look yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

Definitely agreed there. He is not the best looking at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

He's a bad bastard with a conscience. What more could you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Before i played it i couldnt see myself liking Niko (same with CJ in san andreas) but the minute the guy opens his mouth i was hooked.Plus the cut scenes have a level of face mapping that simply blows everything out of the water.....Mass Effect is a disgrace compared to it, I just did the feed the fishes mission and the end of that mission has been the best niko moment so far. The story started slow but holy shizzle its kicking in now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭nige1982

I like Nikko reminds me of Borat walking around NY I Like! what a game tho hate being in work today I want to go home and play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

For some reason Niiko's accent reminds me of Duncan (or is it Conor?) in the original highlander movie. not far into the game but i like the character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

he's funny, quick witted, ugly as sin, but who needs a clean cut hero type when you're out killing people and nicking their cars all day?

in the words of gaius baltar, he's perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i think hes great

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Seems very good so far. The fact that he has a military and a criminal background is going to make it more believable as he starts to move up the ranks. And he isn't too over the top or a complete charicature (like CJ)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The fact that he's got a conscience, and doesn't particularly like the situations he finds himself in, along with his sense of humour and quick wit makes him really really likeable! :D

Also:
    When he reveals to Petrovich's wife about the children in the village during the war, like the image has haunted him since,
    there's no way you can't like him after that!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

he's funny, quick witted, ugly as sin, but who needs a clean cut hero type when you're out killing people and nicking their cars all day?

in the words of gaius baltar, he's perfect.

that was a Great episode of Battlestar last nite!

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

So is it too soon to call him gta's greatest ever main character???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I think its too early yet to place him in my favorites as I'm still getting used to him. When i initially fired up the game, I thought I was watching a piss take of Borat :D But as I've done some more missions, I'm starting to see a side to Niko which I like - he has got the killer personality when the need arises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Kovik

I like him. It's a good idea to have the protagonist be slightly cut off from the GTA universe (like Tommy and the silent dude of GTA3) as opposed to characters who are equally ridiculous (like CJ).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

So is it too soon to call him gta's greatest ever main character???

Ah you cant beat Tommy Vercetti!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Tommy was pure class ! i hope some of the other main guys from the other gta games make a appearance like the original gta 3 guy did in san andreace !
    GTA 5 i wanna start off as a homeless kid beggin for change :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

He's a hero! lol

Advertisement