Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Hotspur memberships.

Options
  • 30-04-2008 8:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Hey lads,

I noticed that applications for bronze membership will open in early May. I am just wondering is it worth getting and how much do you reckon it will be? I am looking to get over to 2/3 matches per season but always find it hard to get tickets. Is the bronze membership a solution? It states on the website that bronze membership entitles you to The opportunity to buy exclusive multi-ticket packages throughout the season. What does this mean exactly?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Hey lads,

I noticed that applications for bronze membership will open in early May. I am just wondering is it worth getting and how much do you reckon it will be? I am looking to get over to 2/3 matches per season but always find it hard to get tickets. Is the bronze membership a solution? It states on the website that bronze membership entitles you to The opportunity to buy exclusive multi-ticket packages throughout the season. What does this mean exactly?

Thanks.

Ronan will probabally know more about this but here's my take on it....

From time to time the club offer tickets for a sequence of home games, usually 3 in a row. This offer tends to happen if we have a run of home games against less glamourous opposition and there's usually a mid-week fixture thrown in too.

Personally I can't see the great advantage in shelling out extra cash for the privillage, especially if you are going to attend 2/3 games a season. Stick to the basic membership package would be my advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I'm not sure how they will structure the ticket packages, but in recent years they sold a package of three games:

One Category A
    One Category B
    One Category C

The particular fixtures were specified (say ManYoo, Villa, Sunderland) and IIRC you paid in a lump sum up front for the three tickets. There were a couple of options available involving different teams.

A quick overview of the membership scheme:

We have 23,000 season ticket holders and we give just under 3,000 tickets to the awayc club. That club takes a number of seats for freebies, and allowing for executive boxes and the like I reckon we have about 8,500 tickets on sale to supporters for every home league game.

Those tickets go on sale:

1. To members only, on a first come first served basis, for a period for 9 days.
    2. On day 10 members are allowed to purchase on extra ticket, known as the guest day.
    3. On day 11 remaining tickets go on general sale.

The situation for cup games is often much more compact, maybe only a week in total for late notice games.

As a member you are entitled to purchase one ticket when tickets go on sale, then on day 10 a 2nd ticket if available

Tickets can be purchased online, over the phone or in person from the club ticket office.

Also, bear in mind there are two types of membership available to you:

Lilywhite allows you to do all the things I have laid out above.

Bronze does the same, but also puts your name on the waiting list for a season ticket.

Bronze costs £15 more than Lilywhite.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

Thanks very much lads. That has made it much clearer! Guess I will just apply for the Lilywhite membership. My only concern is that if I purchase a ticket for myself as a member, and then on day 10 I try to purchase a ticket for the girlfriend, we wont be sittin beside each other! Am I right?

Thanks very much lads. That has made it much clearer! Guess I will just apply for the Lilywhite membership. My only concern is that if I purchase a ticket for myself as a member, and then on day 10 I try to purchase a ticket for the girlfriend, we wont be sittin beside each other! Am I right?

If you ring the ticket office on day 10 they may be able to move you so that the two of you are seated together.

The problem is that you may end up paying more for your ticket as the cheaper areas are full up (up to £71 for a cat A game :eek:) and for more popular games there just may not be two seats beside each other available.

Oh, and then the ticket office phoneline tends to be a bit busy...:D

You could always ask for a lend of someone else's membership card for the match and buy the two tickets together.

• Advertisement

I am really sorry to keep asking questions about this! What do you mean borrow somebody else's membership card and buy and buy the two tickets together? Sounds like an absolute disaster trying to get a ticket on day 10!!!!

OK, there are a few people on here who have memberships, but they don't always need them.

You ask for a lend, and someone provides you with their membership number.

You login to the ticket system with your own details, select two tickets and input the 2nd membership number for the other ticket.

The person arranges to meet you with his/her membership card (or posts to you) which you will need along with the two tickets the club will post to your address.

In recent times they have been unlikely to pay much attention to the name on either the members card or ticket, but it would do no harm to have a membership card for a woman if you intend buying for your girlfriend.

There are risks associated with this: memberships are non-transferable, so you need to be on best behaviour in the ground or the person you've borrowed off could get in trouble. That means do what the stewards say, watch your language, sit down when instructed etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

Apologies if this has been asked ebfore - with regards to membership can you apply online or have you to download the form and post it off to them.
    For next season, when have the applications to be in for ?
    How much does it cost ?

Thanks..

I get you now! Going by what you have said I am thinking of just applying for two Lilywhite memberships, one for myself and one for the girlfriend. If I am successful, with a bit if luck I should then be able to get two tickets beside each other? I dont think I would be comfortable using someone else's card as too many things can go wrong! Thanks for all the advice though. I really appreciate it. COYS

Apologies if this has been asked ebfore - with regards to membership can you apply online or have you to download the form and post it off to them.
    For next season, when have the applications to be in for ?
    How much does it cost ?

Thanks..

You can apply online, the club will release details shortly.

There is no strict deadline for new members, but the following applies to existing members who wish to renew:
    For One Hotspur Bronze and Lilywhite Members to be sure of being in possession of membership details in time to buy match tickets for the start of the new season, they must renew no later 5pm, Friday, June 6, 2008.

Any One Hotspur Bronze or Lilywhite members renewing after this date are advised that, to maintain current loyalty points, and for current Bronze members to maintain their place on the Season Ticket Waiting List, renewals must be submitted by 5pm, Friday June 27, 2008.

Costs [last year] were £40 for a lilywhite membership, £55 for a bronze membership.

Keep an eye on the official site for updates.

• Advertisement

I get you now! Going by what you have said I am thinking of just applying for two Lilywhite memberships, one for myself and one for the girlfriend. If I am successful, with a bit if luck I should then be able to get two tickets beside each other? I dont think I would be comfortable using someone else's card as too many things can go wrong! Thanks for all the advice though. I really appreciate it. COYS

That's fair enough.

You won't have any problem getting two memberships, certainly not early in the season.

And the only games you might struggle to get tickets for would be the derby at home, but that's more an issue of the online ticket system failing to cope with the demand.

I have one more question! As a member of one hotspur you can buy tickets online during the on sale date. But do you get to actually pick your own seat or are you just assigned a seat based on the ticket price that you have selected? I just want to know how it works so that I am prepared come August!

Cheers!

I've not bought a ticket in a while as I'm a ST holder, but I believe you get to choose what stand and what block you want to sit in, but the system allocates you a ticket from that block.

You can request a specific seat if you call the ticket office, but as I said before it can be difficult to get through by phone.

Does that mean that my idea of buying two LilyWhite memberships is not worth it given that you cannot actually choose your seat? Therefore even if I had two memberships there is no guarantee that myself and the girlfriend would actually be sitting together? I am not even going to try and ring the ticket office!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

You cannot choose your actual seat but if you input a request for 2 tickets in a certain block the system will put the two together dependant on availability in that block.As was mentioned before the only time you might struggle to get 2 together would be for the Arsenal game.

Ok I see. Basically I want to get a LilyWhite membership for myself for next season. I will then look at the fixture list and decide on a game. My question is, when i apply online for that match can I use my LiliyWhite membership to buy two tickets? Can you select to buy more than one ticket for a game or does the LilyWhite membership only allow you to buy one ticket per match?

This is what I cant seem to get my head around!
    Sorry about all this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

Can you select to buy more than one ticket for a game or does the LilyWhite membership only allow you to buy one ticket per match?

No. Its only one ticket per membership card. So if you want to buy 2 ticktets you'll need 2 membership cards.

Thats all I needed to know! Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Prior to this season the ticket exchange was online with Seatbooker. Then Spurs went and changed it and fu.... up everything.
    You can go online to buy but i would not fancy chances in the top 4 type games. Otherwise you should be ok.
    Next season we should look at pooling our resources here as we have a number of ST holders inc myself who dont go to all the games.
    Prices are up 10% for 08/09.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

Does that mean that my idea of buying two LilyWhite memberships is not worth it given that you cannot actually choose your seat? Therefore even if I had two memberships there is no guarantee that myself and the girlfriend would actually be sitting together? I am not even going to try and ring the ticket office!

No, when you log in, you specify the 2 member numbers in that single purchase of 2 tickets - you will be assigned seats together (you can't choose the seats, only the block). Have done it myself, and you are usually allowed to allocate up to 4 members per purchase session!

• Advertisement

Rite just to clarify. I went ahead and bought two bronze memberships a few minutes ago. One for me and one for the other half. So next season when I go to buy tickets for a game am I correct in assuming that I will be given the option to enter my girlfriends card number while I am getting my ticket in order to get her a seat beside me?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Rite just to clarify. I went ahead and bought two bronze memberships a few minutes ago. One for me and one for the other half. So next season when I go to buy tickets for a game am I correct in assuming that I will be given the option to enter my girlfriends card number while I am getting my ticket in order to get her a seat beside me?

Cheers!

Bang on ....

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Bang on ....

Except when its Utd, Arse, Chelski, Spammers when you'll be bloody lucky to get any one.

Whats the deal with Utd, Arse, Chelski, Spammers? Is it impossible to get one or what? I thought that the bronze membership would give you a good chance of getting one the morning of the on sale date? Obviously the season ticket holders are going but is there not enough seats then for the likes of bronze members?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

Whats the deal with Utd, Arse, Chelski, Spammers? Is it impossible to get one or what? I thought that the bronze membership would give you a good chance of getting one the morning of the on sale date? Obviously the season ticket holders are going but is there not enough seats then for the likes of bronze members?

Not impossible but very difficult. If you're online at 9.30am when they go on sale you have a chance. Telephoning is a waste of time. For those games tickets will be sold out by 10am cos of the demand for tickets.

I had planned on trying to buy two on the website at 9.30am on the dot as I will be in work anyway. Does the website ever crash? All I can do is try I suppose!

I had planned on trying to buy two on the website at 9.30am on the dot as I will be in work anyway. Does the website ever crash? All I can do is try I suppose!

I am a lilywhite member and I went on line last year at 9:30am and got 4 tickets to the Spammers home game using mine and 3 other members cards!!!;)

There is hope yet! According to the website, this year bronze members get (Access to an allocation of tickets for each home League game before they go on-sale to Lilywhite Members.) In theory this should increase my chances but not holding my breath!

• Advertisement

There is hope yet! According to the website, this year bronze members get (Access to an allocation of tickets for each home League game before they go on-sale to Lilywhite Members.) In theory this should increase my chances but not holding my breath!

I think you will find it is "some" games - top games like Spammers probably wont be one of them - but like I said I was a Lillywhite last year and I managed to get 4!!

Advertisement