Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone recommend me which provider to go with ?

Options
  • 30-04-2008 10:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭

I currently have a land line with Eircom. I'm going to buy a laptop and would require wireless broadband and a half decent speed, the trouble is there seem to be so many choices and people keep telling me "oh dont go with them".

Would Eircom be the simplest way to go ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭dunworth1

go wirth irish broadband they have no caps so u can download a much as u want without ever being charged more than the cost of the package

dont get ripwave

get there dsl or breeze

i have there ripwave its crap speeds vary all the time one min u could have 100kb next ull have 10kb

i canceled ripwave and im moving to there dsl you dont need to change ur phone line to them u just pay eircom for the phone and irishbroadband for the broadband is cheaper than eircom and theres no caps like eircom

u can get a wireless modem off them for 35.99 or a standard for free

check ur coverage at www.irishbroadband.ie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

None, if you can avoid it...they are all bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭admol

Contrary to what their spokesman has to say are a lot of choices for wireless(dsl bb) other than Irishbroadband. BT, Perlico, Imagine etc all of which resell Eircom broadband.

However if your already with Eircom for the phone then they are probably the easiest to go with. Since your already with them they will be the quickest in setting you up. On the other hand if your looking for a cheaper package then explore some of the other options.

Advertisement