Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 mobile\wireless - cutting out after 3/4 mins

Options
  • 30-04-2008 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,763 ✭✭✭✭

This is been happening to me the past 3 days where the a message box appears stating the device is unavailable or disconnected :mad:

Anyone else ever experience this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

It has happened to me a few times over the last 7 months or so, but not often. I'd say it's either a problem with the modem, the usb port, or possible your OS. I had severe problems with, what I though was the USB port, on my laptop but a re-install of Windows fixed it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭biologikal

I've seen disconnections dropped when I've had a USB>PCI adaptor (for 3.5" hard drives) connected to one of the USB ports. Seems ok with other USB devices, like memory sticks and mice, but not with the USB>PCI adaptor, even though the hard drive has it's own power source, so it's not like the adaptor is taking so much of the USB current, I wouldn't think (though open to correction).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,763 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Its the only thing thats connected via usb in the front, mouse and kboard in the back. Its stayed on for an hour this session, but there was exactly 3 minutes 3 times before hand...and constant for the past 2 days. Strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Have you tired using the double ended USB cable? This will give more power to the modem, in case that's what's causing the disconnect. Could also try it in the rear USB ports.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

ALL kinds of USB based modems for Wireless can easily take more than the 500mA which is official max for a USB port. Hence the Y cables. The Mac Air and some other gadgets with USB optical drive powered via USB, can sometimes supply more than 500mA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,763 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

used the y connection and unfortunately made no difference. thanks anyway to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I see mention on the O2 forum that there's a problem with the huawei software and that using windows networking for the connection might be a short term fix? I haven't tried it yet but I'll report back.

Advertisement