Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheats

• 30-04-2008 10:20am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭

In some games they're a good thing, in other games they're not, but in GTA games (imho) they're essential. Load up on weapons and armour, spawn a fast car and let loose on liberty city.

In IV cheats are entered by dialing the number with your phone. And a nice time saver (which took me a while to notice) is that once you've entered a cheat it's then available under the cheats menu on your phone. Available from (and probably many other places by now too, but this is where I found them first)
    http://www.gtaivcheats.net/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Cheats are best left 'til you've finished the game methinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

great thanks!
    they are essential i think - and now a lot easier use!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

exactly Aldebaran, leave them till your finished! or even stuck!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I don't use them on missions, except maybe to save some time driving somewhere for a gun, but sometimes you just need to take a break from the missions and go on a rampage or even just drive around in a nice car :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Will this affect acheivments on the 360? I doubt you will get points if you use cheats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

Thank you! Saved me scouring the web.

I too only like playing GTA with cheats on to raise maximum carnage, however if i were to play the game on my own i would just do the missions. ;D

Without cheats of course !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

1. Play through story
    2. Ass around with all your money and guns
    3. Cheat and cause complete havoc (reloading of course to not muddy your stats!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I think it does affect your achievement points (not 100% sure though). The best thing to do is save your game before you go on a big rampage, and when you're finished just load the save game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i really dont understand the point of buying a game and looking for cheats less than a day later

Instant action fix.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭danbhala

I'm gonna stay well clear from cheats untill I finish the main story myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Helix wrote: »
    i really dont understand the point of buying a game and looking for cheats less than a day later
    +1 I did it with some Killzone game on the PSP. Never played it again, and never finished it. Two days I used it for. Might have been that the game was fairly crap too though..................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Yeah, if you use some cheats you cant get three achievements, I hear.
    You can spawn cars and that withut it affecting it, but not weapons, health or money.

I use cheats post completing the game - as already said, just for adding longeity to the game, except in GTA: VC, wher I just couldnt beat your man in the race around the city. I used the floaty-car cheat and let him float off backwards.

Do you not think they kill the fun out of the game completely, if you use them from the start? Perosnally, I don't think I've achieved anything if I do. Like I noticed today diferent dialogue with the Jamacian guy (which was pretty funny) in the car the second time I tried the mission, which I wouldnt have had I cheated!

Meh, I can't understand a word those jamaicans say anyway :)

I don't use them in linear type games, that just ruins the entire point. But for GTA if I just want to run around shooting things for a while the cheats are great. They save the hassle of having to earn money drive to the gunshop to buy a gun. Haven't tried using little jacob yet, but I can't imagine it being quicker and easier than a cheat.

Also, I haven't got far enough for helicopters to be available, but I can just spawn one with a cheat and have a fly around for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Will this affect acheivments on the 360? I doubt you will get points if you use cheats
    It says on that site that if you use the lower wanted level cheat it blocks acheivment ''walked free''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

danbhala wrote: »
    I'm gonna stay well clear from cheats untill I finish the main story myself

Same here, I am always of the opinion that if I cheat before I fininsh a game, any game, it take's something away from the sense of accomplishment I get upon completion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

How do I enter the codes on the phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

stevenmu wrote: »
    . Haven't tried using little jacob yet, but I can't imagine it being quicker and easier than a cheat.

You should.
    He drives to your area from where you ring him and you go to his boot.
    Armour and guns.

With use of the cover system, I really am finding this game way more easier than the others.
    Guns and Ammo are never running out, aswell as money.

Although just bought a 2000 dollar suit, but at the rate its coming in, it wont matter.. lol

Skyuser wrote: »
    How do I enter the codes on the phone?

Press up on the directional pad up to bring up your phone, and press it again to bring up the keypad for it, then you can just use the directional pad to move around and select the numbers

Advertisement