Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Provisional & address question.

Options
  • 30-04-2008 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭

Just moved house there, and a few days beforehand I got the date for my test. Now I'm going to change the address on my tax and insurance but is it worth my while changing the provisional license address so near to the test (3 wks)?
    Does it matter? I'm just worried that if i pass the test they'll send the paperwork for the full license to the old address.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Doesn't matter at all. If you pass, they'll write out a certificate of competency on the spot for you, and you use this to apply for your full licence. You can specify your new address when you apply for your full licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

missmatty wrote: »
    I'm just worried that if i pass the test they'll send the paperwork for the full license to the old address.
    On the D401 form to apply for a licence, there is an adhesive section where you are required to give a signature and, below it, a part where you are required to give your name and address.

The signature part is stuck to your licence before it's laminated while the bit with your name and address is stuck to the envelope to get the licence back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

So they don't actually require you to put an address ON the actual license then? That's grand so....I just thought, cos there's an address on the provisional..

Thanks for that :D

Advertisement