Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"What Really Happened" Barrymore

Options
  • 30-04-2008 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Did anybody see the second programme in a three-part series by journalist Jacques Peretti in which he supposedly delves deep into the worlds of three iconic stories of our time to find out “What Really Happened” on Channel 4 last night?

Early on the morning of Saturday 31 March 2001, 31-year-old Stuart Lubbock was found dead in the swimming pool of TV star Michael Barrymore in Roydon, Essex. So we waited for the truth to come out, channel 4 dragged it out till the very last minute and guess what, Mr Peretti didn’t know either. I have this lasting memory of the honest Mr Max Clifford getting his dig in! Don’t get me wrong my deepest sympathies lie with Mr Lubbocks family but this was some sort of witch hunt throwing up every unproven theory till one stuck. Trial by TV!? The Gay thing been mentioned over and over again, as if Barrymore’s real guilt lay in the fact he had come out. I was just left wondering what the documentary really was about.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭merrionsq

What was the documentary really about? A man was found dead in a swimming pool with various drugs in his system, and anal injuries.

It was Barrymore's house and pool, naturally marking him out as a prime suspect in any investigation. Barrymore is a celebrity, hence the public interest.

And you say it turns out the presenter didn't really know what had happened? Well, if he did know then this wouldn't still be a mystery. I presume he'd have gone to the police and they'd have brought this to a definitive conclusion.

Neither Barrymore nor anyone who was at the house can explain why Lubbock ended up dead in the pool, with the anal injuries.

Seems more worthy of a TV show than any other recent celebrity stuff about Britanny Spears or Amy Winehouse, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

“What Really Happened” Barrymore, was the name of the show and it didn’t reveal anything that led to Barrymores guilt. It was conceded by Stuart Lubbocks brother that he was a regular uses of drugs and that he took them most Friday nights?
    His injuries of course are a different matter? Im still no wiser (are you?) but trial by TV is not the answer…. Ever!
    My point was just because he was gay does not make the Gay Barrymore the leading suspect or does it?
    :confused:
    By the way the same muppet made the so called "what ever happened" Amy Winehouse doc!!!

Advertisement