Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 mb chorus ntl

Options
  • 30-04-2008 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

I recently changed my broadband provider from bt to chorus ntl. I upgraded to the 12 mb download and thought when i was downloading it would be much faster. The problem is my upload speed seems ok but my download speed is absolute s...te. Its taking forever to download a <something>. Im using Azureus. I was using u-torrent but that was just a disaster. Im downloading <something else> for my 2 yr old daughter right now and my upload speed is about 110 yet my download speed is only 20. Has anyone else got the same problem..
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You've most likely not configured your torrent app correctly or its part of NTL's apparent throttling which is outlined in this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055132322

Also because your using bittorrent its worth remembering that there may not be enough seeds on the torrent your on and this will explain why its slow downloading....too many peers and not enough seeds

Whatever the cause NTL are not going to provide support for bittorrent downloads,

I don't want to see anyone discussing downloading copyright material in this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

celticfan32, please don't mention warez. It will usually result in you getting banned. Other people have reported issues with torrents on UPC(chorus/ntl) aswell, have a look at some of the other relevant threads in this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

celticfan32, was the downloading faster before the upgrade to the 12mb package?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭celticfan32

Yes it was faster with u-torrent but now u-torrent doesnt even work for me now. I hope this thread hasnt offended anyonoe..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Yes it was faster with u-torrent but now u-torrent doesnt even work for me now. I hope this thread hasnt offended anyonoe..

It hasn't offended anyone, just keep within the forum charter is all (see link in my sig)...basically don't mention downloading copyright material for example TV episodes of CSI or movies

• Advertisement
Advertisement