Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who do you Utd fans want in the CL Final

• 30-04-2008 11:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭

Either way it's going to be a nightmare if we lose and Heaven if we win, not sure who we want as I have equal contempt for both, but what a way to end the season, if I had to choose I suppose it would be Liverpool, whoever it is bring them on.

Who do Utd fans want to face in the Final 27 votes

Liverpool
    0%
    Chelsea
    100%
    Big ChiefMrJoeSoapChongzAbboMisterAnarchyT-b0n3bennyx_oevad_lhorgdeisedevilrorycMad_MaxstepbarMacker1plonkpatmacLoomisDun laoirejustfortherecorThe SparrowFutureGuy 27 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

you should do a poll.Is this a question as to who would be easier to beat or in terms of a great occasion,the 2 biggest clubs in England would make a very nice final.

im a Liverpool fan btw

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Not too bothered, but it would be the best feeling to put one over Liverpool, and I guess a total nightmare to lose to them. One thing is certain though. Pool would fear Man U more that we would fear them. Benitez has yet to beat Man U.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Not too bothered, but it would be the best feeling to put one over Liverpool, and I guess a total nightmare to lose to them. One thing is certain though. Pool would fear Man U more that we would fear them. Benitez has yet to beat Man U.

we are due one though:)

I would imagine a large proportion of utd fans would be rooting for Liverpool because they feel we would be easier to beat than chelski and it would be a better occasion.lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭NotWormBoy

Benitez has yet to beat Man U.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/fa_cup/4720494.stm

Given Liverpool's league record against United under Benitez, its understandable to forget alright.

dc69 wrote: »
    we are due one though:)

That ye are, But first Liverpool must overcome the problem of not scoring a goal at stamford bridge since 2004, again before Rafa's time.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Benetiz beat United in the FA Cup 3 years ago. I still can't decide with my head. I'll know once the match kicks off and who I start cheering for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Why would Liverpool fear Utd in the final?? What are you basing that on. Liverpool are a better team than Utd in the Champions League and that's been proven.

NotWormBoy wrote: »
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/fa_cup/4720494.stm

Given Liverpool's league record against United under Benitez, its understandable to forget alright.

Jesus, your right, had totally forgot about that. That was also the game when Alan Smith suffered that horrific break.

Understandable, liverpool fans remember it as it their only recent success against Man U

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Liverpool are a better team over two legs is what's been proven. Either way, I think we'd be more likely to beat Liverpool than Chelsea. The performance Chelsea put in against us last weekend is something I can't see Liverpool having the players to do. Also I think Fergie has the better of Rafa.

That said, I'm not sure I want to risk it. I think we'll beat Chelsea too, so it's a toughie :)

I think I may end up cheering for whichever team picks up the most red cards. Ideal situation? Liverpool go through with Gerrard and Carragher picking up yellows :)

PHB wrote: »
    Benetiz beat United in the FA Cup 3 years ago. I still can't decide with my head. I'll know once the match kicks off and who I start cheering for.

Yeah, I stand corrected. Like you PHB, once the game kicks off I know who I'll be shouting for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭NotWormBoy

Understandable, liverpool fans remember it as it their only recent success against Man U

At this stage, I'll take what I can get. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

rather Chelsea, cas I'd have to leave the country if we lost to Liverpool.

But if United werent in the final I'd be shouting for Liverpool, no contest there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

For me Liverpool are the easier option,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Chelsea
    Liverpool. Not sure why, just feel we've more of a chance to beat them than we do Chelsea. Think it'd be a better match, too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Chelsea
    Chelsea well out played us on saturday, Dont want to face them in the final, But dont want to face ''Euro'' Liverpool either.

Trilla wrote: »
    rather Chelsea, cas I'd have to leave the country if we lost to Liverpool.

But if United werent in the final I'd be shouting for Liverpool, no contest there

thats an odd thing,a united fan supporting Liverpool?

you must really hate CHELSKI:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

dc69 wrote: »
    thats an odd thing,a united fan supporting Liverpool?

you must really hate CHELSKI:D

I dont think alot of man utd fans hate liverpool as much as pool fans hate utd. maybe i'm wrong but thats how it is for me. Only thing that annoys me is the bull i'd have to listen to if they did beat us but hey thats what its all about

custard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I dont think alot of man utd fans hate liverpool as much as pool fans hate utd. maybe i'm wrong but thats how it is for me. Only thing that annoys me is the bull i'd have to listen to if they did beat us but hey thats what its all about

Have you ever been to OT!? :eek:

custard

jesus,most of my utd friends would nearly prefer seeing liverpool lose than utd win

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

As i said,Liverpool easier to beat judging by premiership,on the other hand Chelsea,Liverpool is playing these cup compettitions great,like they are different team than in premiership,hard to decide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Chelsea
    monkey9 wrote: »
    Why would Liverpool fear Utd in the final??

Because, for the most part, it will be the same United squad that has dominated the same Liverpool squad since Benitez took over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Chelsea
    I would prefer Liverpool, i think we can beat either team but it would be such a better occasion if it was the pool, the only problem is the venue, it could get very messy unfortunatly

i Hate liverpool, but im not one of the saddos who hates liverpool more then he loves united

It would be sheer ecstasy if we beat Liverpool in the champions league final, but an absolute nightmare if we lost, there is no way I could see Fergie losing to Benitez in such a big game though

I dont think the pool are gonna get past chelski tonight though unfortunatly, only thing they have going for them is Chelsea put in one hell of a performance against us at the weeked and must be tired!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Because, for the most part, it will be the same United squad that has dominated the same Liverpool squad since Benitez took over.

So what! That's all gone. New ball. New game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

I would love to play Pool in the final, would be a bigger game and bigger occasion:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

custard

What planet are you on?????????????

If United fans dont like Liverpool then why are most of Uniteds songs about Liverpool, and your club captain come out and says he hates Liverpool?

For flights to the Final will not matter Most Liverpool fans will be flying from Manchester most Manchester fans will be flying from London :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Chelsea
    United Liverpool is the game we all want to see, yes it will be unbearable for the losing team, But I'd hope the winners would be gracious and deserving as the best in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Simple. Chelsea.

How can I wish to play Liverpool in the final as a United fan? That would mean having to cheer for them tonight which I would never do. I dont even look at the Liverpool players when picking my fantasy football team.

Any self respecting United fan wouldnt even consider cheering for Liverpool tonight, and if the boot was on the other foot I`d expect the same from Liverpool supporters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Chelsea
    i disagree adox, for one thing, as a united fan you should always ultimately want what is best for united, simple logic will tell you chelsea have a stronger squad and have caused us more problems then liverpool. so from a purely logical thinking point of view you should want liverpool to progress tonight because they are the weaker team on paper thus benefiting us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Chelsea
    adox wrote: »
    Any self respecting United fan wouldnt even consider cheering for Liverpool tonight, and if the boot was on the other foot I`d expect the same from Liverpool supporters.

I cheered on United last night, I'm a Liverpool fan first, then a football fan, although it appears you are Anti-Liverpool first, then a United fan.

Besides where's the fun in playing Chelsea, nobody knows many of their fans. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

zAbbo wrote: »
    I cheered on United last night, I'm a Liverpool fan first, then a football fan, although it appears you are Anti-Liverpool first, then a United fan.
    ME too. From a footballing perspective they were the team most deserving, over the 2 legs it's debatable who deserved it more, but I think all in all Utd deserve to be in the champs league final, as they have been most deserving of it over the length of the competition.

I hope Liverpool win tonight, and I hope they attack. As for the final if they do win, it would be a nightmare to lose this trophy to our biggest rivals, but if it happens, it happens, I'll still have the kids to go home to.

zAbbo wrote: »

Not at all. Of course I`m a United supporter first. It just doesnt make any sense to me to cheer on your biggest rivals.

Nearly all my friends are Liverpool supporters and I know for a fact that they would never cheer on United unless it directly benefited Liverpool and thats the way I like it. I would question their commitment to their team if it was any other way.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I'm really suprised at the amount of fans who want liverpool in the final..

very strange

Well we all have our reasons,i still would say i cant make my self to wish one of these teams more in the final,but still i think again Chelsea would be easier choice for United

kryogen wrote: »
    i disagree adox, for one thing, as a united fan you should always ultimately want what is best for united, simple logic will tell you chelsea have a stronger squad and have caused us more problems then liverpool. so from a purely logical thinking point of view you should want liverpool to progress tonight because they are the weaker team on paper thus benefiting us

Thats an argument alright and a pretty good one but you could also say that Chelsea have no experience at all in a European cup final whereas Benitez has the Liverpool team set up for that very purpose and have had very consistent success in it over the last three seasons. Also any United fan should be confident of their team winning in the final whoever the opposition may be.:D

Maybe I`m old school at this stage, but the idea of hoping Liverpool win a match is just alien to me. The only time I can think I have ever cheered for Liverpool is if they had the chance of taking points off our title rivals and even then I`d be happy with any result from the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Chelsea
    why? we havnt lost to Liverpool since Benitez took over. we lost to Chelsea last week. seems a bit obvious really. Chelsea are by far the more dangerous side

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    why? we havnt lost to Liverpool since Benitez took over.

While we're just making **** up,

Liverpool have beaten Utd in the last 13,242 matches.

Well i wrote in one post reasons yes and no for either of teams,as i said,if we judge by premiership definitly Liverpool but on the other hand that team i like some different when they play CL,they are more dangerous and somehow i feel Chelsea would be better choice even we had more problems with them in league,but Liverpool from the league and one in CL definitly plays different

Chelsea
    Mr Alan wrote: »
    Have you ever been to OT!? :eek:

Was there last night Al and, I know this is gonna be hard for ya to take cos u think we;re all obsessed (and you're obsessed with us being obsessed, we're obsessed with your obsession!!) but, and I swear on this, there was not one song about the Scousers bar the song about Park (which includes Scouse reference;)) after Park did something good.

Did ya see me on tv? I was givin ya a wave!!

Chelsea
    evad_lhorg wrote: »
    why? we havnt lost to Liverpool since Benitez took over. we lost to Chelsea last week. seems a bit obvious really. Chelsea are by far the more dangerous side

In the league we havent, and we've conceded only 1 goal to Liverpool in the league to Rafa's Liverpool.
    But u forget about that FA Cup match where Crouch headed the winner for Liverpools first win over United in the FA Cup since.....1919:eek::eek::cool:

U may have forgotten, Smith broke his ankle?

But i know what you're getting at:

League results since Rafa took over:

United 2-1 Liverpool
    Liverpool 0-1 United
    Liverpool 0-0 United
    United 1-0 Liverpool
    United 2-0 Liverpool
    Liverpool 0-1 United
    Liverpool 0-1 United
    United 3-0 Liverpool

Advertisement