Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indian Restaurant

Options
  • 30-04-2008 12:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

Anyone recommend an Indian restaurant outside of Cork City?

Raj Gaylord is probably the best but what about the one in Clonakilty? are there any others in Kinsale? or Bandon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

D'Mughal's Indian Restaurant
    158 West End Mallow Co. Cork

that has lovely food,

lal quila in douglas is lovely they have a sister restaurant in bishopstown somewhere.

happy dining:o

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

lal quila in douglas is lovely

+1
    the best Indian in Cork, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

+2 for Lal Quila. Must get back in there soon. The Indian on the kerry pike is supposed to be quite good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Excellent, I must try that place now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

dudara wrote: »
    +1
    the best Indian in Cork, I think.

++1

I'd agree....not your usual - dishes are presented on plates - really really nice :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭BurnsCarpenter

Lal Quila is great alright.
    There's one in Blarney as well that's pretty decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

lal quila in douglas is lovely they have a sister restaurant in bishopstown somewhere.

It sure is good...

Shimla in Macroom is very nice also, decor isn't great but food is lovely, would recommend the class Balti.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

rymus wrote: »
    +2 for Lal Quila. Must get back in there soon. The Indian on the kerry pike is supposed to be quite good too.

That's Raj Gaylord - quality. Imo the best in Cork.

I hard good things about Lal Quila but the time I was there I didn't think it was great. Maybe it was just in comparison with Raj!

By the way, I know Douglas is a bit out but I'd still consider it Cork city!

Anyone been to the Indian in Clon recently? Was there years ago and remember it being good. It's a long way to go for a trial meal though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Gaylord is lovely. Great setting as well. The Indian Palace on Princes Street is well nice also.

For drunken takeaway, The Spice Route is the berries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

D'Mughal's Indian Restaurant
    158 West End Mallow Co. Cork

Being honest, this place has gone through five or six management changes in the last ten years and ever time I find their food to be appalling. The current managemen have improved it slightly but the staff are undoubtedly assholes in my experience. Example being ringing up for a take away and being given a time for collection and then arriving and being told to wait ten minutes (six or seven times!) to add up to over an hour of waiting. This has happened on multiple occasions also I might add.

The Raj Gaylord is somewhat related to Delhi Palace which used to be on Washington street, which was the best indian in the city imo. They did up their prices recently though so its nearly 20 quid for a main course. I don't go nuts for indian like some people so I wouldnt really be in a rush t go back at 20 quid a head for a main course and it being out in Kerry Pike etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭delos

The sister restaurant is the Spice of India which is next to the Bishoptown Bar - where bullies used to be. Its a bit small but the food is good (especially the vegetable pakora).
    Personally I'm not too sold on the Raj Gaylord, while to food is good (my better half is addicted to their Murg Makkanni which is why we end up there) the service is terrible and its a bit on the expensive side.
    Its a bit out of the way but if you ever find yourself in Tralee there is a great Indian Restaurant on Edward Street (can't remember the name but its next to Enable Ireland). The naans are a bit strange but the rest of the food was superb.

Advertisement