Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire in Canada Sq

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/?jp=mhgbauaumhql&c=ireland
    Two men died today in a fire in an apartment in Waterford city.

Firefighters made the grim discovery in a ground floor flat in Canada Square.

The two people, thought to be their early 30s, are believed to have died from smoke inhalation in the overnight blaze.

Gardaí are probing the cause of the small fire, which had burnt itself out before crews arrived at the scene.

Niall Curtin, chief fire officer with Waterford Fire Brigade, said the alarm was raised at 11.15am by a passer-by who saw something a window.

“We entered the apartment and there was some smoke,” he said.

“It was then we discovered the fatalities in the sitting room.”

The three-storey property includes the ground floor flat and a maisonette above.

The fire did not spread to adjoining properties.

“The gardaí will be investigating the cause of fire, but we will assist them in whatever way we can,” added Mr Curtin.

“It is possible that the fire started at an earlier stage, maybe late last night or early this morning, and affected the occupants at that time.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

May they rest in peace

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Thats very tragic. May they both rest in peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Twin brothers according to the news on TV3. I knew em to see. RIP.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Richard and Michael Walsh, 33,identical twin brothers from Tramore.

I'd imagine Sully may know them of their family. RIP

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I dont think I do know them.. regardless, RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

knew them to see too, seemed like quiet enough lads, tragic. rip

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Where were they from in Tramore? I think I know the family, but I could be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭rohe

very sad

r.i.p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I went to school with them at one stage... such a shock to hear about them..

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭portlairge

was unluck enough to be the firefighter to find these two brothers such a sad way to go .. they came into the world together and they left the world together.. such a sad way to go R.I.P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

portlairge wrote: »
    was unluck enough to be the firefighter to find these two brothers such a sad way to go .. they came into the world together and they left the world together.. such a sad way to go R.I.P

For once, I'm lost for words...

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

respect bud, its people like you that deserve a huge pat on the back, genuinely , and im sure the rest of the room will agree.

daftdave wrote: »
    respect bud, its people like you that deserve a huge pat on the back, genuinely , and im sure the rest of the room will agree.

Without a doubt.

Such a sad story. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

daftdave wrote: »

Absolutely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

RIP
    My deepest sympathies to the family

A big thank you to you and your colleagues for you're tireless efforts on our behalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Very sad indeed.

RIP.

Advertisement