Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Exhaust Decibel law?

Options
  • 30-04-2008 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Hey all just wondering what the story is with this new law about exhausts that reach a certain decibel level will be illegal? My mate told me about it so i don't know if he was just having a joke or if it's true as i need to get a new sports exhaust for my car but don't wanna throw my money away if it will soon be illegal. Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Hey all just wondering what the story is with this new law about exhausts that reach a certain decibel level will be illegal? My mate told me about it so i don't know if he was just having a joke or if it's true as i need to get a new sports exhaust for my car but don't wanna throw my money away if it will soon be illegal. Thanks in advance :)

To be on the safe side just get a nice quiet one. That way you wont be wasting money and your neighbors will appreciate it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Why would you want something that pisses off neighbours and other road users, especially when all you gain is noise and negligible or no power gains. If you really just want a racket drill a few holes in back box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Sandwich

Get one that makes it as quiet as possible. The law wont trouble you.
    If its a Ferrari, then it will sound like one naturally. If not then avoid people laughing at you thinking you're trying to make it sound like one.

Advertisement