Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend a laser eye surgeon

• 30-04-2008 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I need to get this done asap to pass a medical for a job.

I have heard the mater private is the best place to go , is this true?
    Can anyone recommend a surgeon from there?

Also ive heard good things about the wellington clinic in dundrum, is this true?
    also can anyone recommend a surgeon from there?

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

helpful bunch around here :rolleyes:

got sorted elsewhere. mods please lock this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭ModeSkeletor

Helpful bunch because they didn't reply within 1 day? Just wondering what sort of job requires 20/20 vision without contact lens/glasses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭kaizersoze1980

It requires 6/18, 6/18 unaided, correctable to 6/12,6/12 with glasses.

Mines a bit worse than 6/12,6/12 and I failed the medical, so need to get laser surgery and then I can retake the medical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭singloud

Are you going for a pilot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,309 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I have heard the mater private is the best place to go , is this true?
    Can anyone recommend a surgeon from there?
    Aye. Mater is pretty much spot on. Think Michael was the guy who looked at my eyes. Failed, but he gave me another option, but it wasn't worth it (involved surgery).

Also, ** WARNING ** WARNING ** ensure that you get the correct type. By this I mean really research the types out there. The Irish armed forces won't accept any atm, as far as I'm aware, but the British armed forces will only accept a particular type of procedure, as some procedures completely f**k your night vision, etc, which would be need in many jobs.
    You'll be looking at a cost of €2k per eye (the places that offer it for €400 is usually BS, as with all the stuff needed, the total often comes to €2k anyway).

• Advertisement
Advertisement