Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CSS Border showing in FF 2.0 but not in IE7

Options
  • 30-04-2008 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have set the PagerStyle of my ASP.net Gridview control to use OTPagerStyle

.OTPagerStyle
    {
    border-top:1px black solid;
    border-bottom:1px black solid;

}

This works perfectly in Firefox but the borders don't display at all in IE7.

Any explanations for this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Not off the top of my head. Is there any other CSS or HTML that might be affecting the .OTPagerStyle element? A container with a fixed height maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Goodshape wrote: »
    Not off the top of my head. Is there any other CSS or HTML that might be affecting the .OTPagerStyle element? A container with a fixed height maybe?

No, I don't think so. I have inspected the HTML & CSS in Firebug & IE Developer and both are having the correct styles applied.

I don't believe other elements in the ASP.net Gridview are interfering with the Pager Styles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Try setting this as the DTD and see if it fixes your problem:
    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">

Mirror wrote: »
    Try setting this as the DTD and see if it fixes your problem:
    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">

I changed it from Transitional to Strict and still no luck.

I also tried applying borders to all sides but no change, yet I could apply a background colour.

Thanks for the suggestions so far, appreciate it a lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Ok, I'm out of guesses! If we could see the code it would probably be easier. In fact, PM it to me if you don't want to post it up, I'll have a poke.

• Advertisement

Mirror wrote: »
    Ok, I'm out of guesses! If we could see the code it would probably be easier. In fact, PM it to me if you don't want to post it up, I'll have a poke.

No problem with posting the code up, we're all friends here right? :p

Here's the Gridview control code:
    asp:GridView ID="WebcastsGrid" runat="server" AutoGenerateColumns="False" PageSize="5" Width="550px" GridLines="None" ShowFooter="True" ShowHeader="False" OnPageIndexChanging="gridView_PageIndexChanging" AllowPaging="true">
                   <Columns>
                    <asp:TemplateField>
                    <ItemTemplate>
                        <div style="padding-bottom:10px;padding-left:5px;">
                            <table>
                                <tr>
                                    <td valign="top" rowspan="2"><asp:Image ID="imgWebcast" runat="server" ImageAlign="Top" AlternateText="Webcast Image" ImageUrl='<%# Bind("Thumbnail") %>' /></td>
                                    <td valign="top" style="width:250px;"><span class="OTWebcastTitle"><asp:HyperLink ID="lnkTitle" runat="server" NavigateUrl='<%# Bind("URL") %>' Target="_blank" Text='<%# Bind("Title") %>'></asp:HyperLink></span></td>
                                    <td valign="top" class="OTWebcastDTAdded"><span class="OTWebcastFieldName">|  Added </span><span class="OTWebcastFieldValue"><asp:Label ID="lblDateAdded" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("DateAdded") %>'></asp:Label></span></td>
                                </tr>
                                <tr>
                                    <td colspan="3"><span class="OTWebcastFieldName">Specialty</span> <asp:Label ID="lblSpecialty" CssClass="OTWebcastFieldValue" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("Specialty") %>'></asp:Label><br />
                                        <span class="OTWebcastFieldName">Speaker</span> <asp:Label ID="lblSpeaker" CssClass="OTWebcastFieldValue" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("Speaker") %>'></asp:Label><br />
                                        <span class="OTWebcastFieldName">Venue</span> <asp:Label ID="lblVenue" CssClass="OTWebcastFieldValue" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("Venue") %>'></asp:Label><br />
                                        <span class="OTWebcastFieldName">Event</span> <asp:Label ID="lblEvent" CssClass="OTWebcastFieldValue" runat="server" Text='<%# Bind("Event") %>'></asp:Label><br />
                                    </td>
                                </tr>
                            </table>
                        </div>
                    </ItemTemplate>
                    </asp:TemplateField>     
                    </Columns>
                    <PagerStyle HorizontalAlign="Center" CssClass="OTPagerStyle" />
                </asp:GridView>

Advertisement