Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wisdom of new piercing?

Options
  • 30-04-2008 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭

I was planning a tongue piercing for right before my exams, so it could have time to heal while I'm not talking. I was really looking forward to it, as the last piercing I'd be able to get before the summer.

Now I'm not sure if I can:( I took my labrets out a week ago cos they went all yucky, and my nipples are still crusting a lot five months on. The boyfriend thinks my body is under too much stress to heal a new piercing now, and I should wait til after the summer.

But I don't wanna... What do ye think? Should I cultivate patience and wait? What would ye do, in my situation?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I would tend to agree with the boy. If your healed piercings are freaking out, lord knows what a new piercing would a)do to the others you have and b) heal like. My piercings (mostly the delicate surface ones) freak out when I'm stressed or sick.

In saying that, I found tongue piercings to be pretty trouble free, and don't flare up as much as the others. I'd probably end up getting it pierced anyway, but that doesn't mean its the right thing to do!

Why not wait till after your exams but during the summer? Yer tongue will be swollen for about a day. Get it done on a Friday evening, should be ok-ish by the Monday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd wait, it sounds like your under enough stress as is, so why push your luck by introducing a new one?

Waiting till the others settle down might just save them all, and save you problems and money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭popecatapetal

Darn:( I was expecting that - I just needed to hear someone else say it. I will learn patience. It will be good for me. Thanks guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

yeah having read your iam page, seems like youve gone through a flurry of piercings in a very short time. plus added stress of exams coming up.

Drink loadsa water and/or green tea, will help your metabolism and general health.

On a side note, my nipples tend to get uppity every now and again. just look after yourself :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

my piercings go crazy when im stressed or sick,but everyones different,if you look after your self properly and get your health up you might be ok,start eating properly taking vitamins etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭popecatapetal

Thanks y'all:) I'll try to restrain myself over the summer. I can get an ear piercing or two if I really feel the need, but only once I'm healthy. It'll teach me to pace myself - which is good, cos I've got 12 piercings in the last 7 months, which is a bit mad:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Cherryvega

try 28 in 5 months, it took forever to heal anything up ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Wilburt wrote: »
    my nipples tend to get uppity every now and again

*tries hard not to make a joke about Wills uppity nipples...*

*fails*

Advertisement