Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stab Vest FS

• 30-04-2008 1:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Have this stab vest which I no longer need.

I thought this might be the best place to put it as someone might know someone who knows someone who might want/need one.

Privately bought and owned, used to work on the doors.

Cheers

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=54584&cat=32

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Somebody in the ambulance service might be interested in this. With the amount of drink and drug fuelled attempted suicides that paramedics show up to before the gardai it could definitely come in useful.

Seeing as though the HSE wont provide them with personal issue anti stab vests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭Tango Alpha 51

Nice idea Chief, but like everything else, seeing as it wouldn't be issued by the NAS, then we couldn't wear it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭board om

buzzman wrote: »
    Nice idea Chief, but like everything else, seeing as it wouldn't be issued by the NAS, then we couldn't wear it.

i was just about to ask that. if ambulance drivers purchased their own and it could be worn underneath clothing, so as not to obstruct the view of their uniform, could they not wear them?

also i know the garda get stab proof vests but if they purcahsed their own bullet proof vest are they allowed wear them? it just seems a bit unfair that the criminals can wear them if they want (i am presuming there is no law against them ayway) so therefore if a garda bought their own could they not wear them as well? it would just kind of even things out a little bit and make them feel at least a small bit more secure.

by the way OP, where the hell were you doing the door that you needed a stab proof vest? (i take it that it wasnt Old Wesley anyway). have things got that bad that doormen are having to resort to these measures?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

board om wrote: »
    also i know the garda get stab proof vests but if they purcahsed their own bullet proof vest are they allowed wear them?
    Most stab-vests are of a higher quality than (non-military) bullet-proof vests becuase they need to resist the weight of the person behind the knife.

by the way OP, where the hell were you doing the door that you needed a stab proof vest? (i take it that it wasnt Old Wesley anyway). have things got that bad that doormen are having to resort to these measures?
    Lots of pub and club security staff have them. Theres a problem with publicans already-drunkissuing punters with glass bottles and glasses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Victor wrote: »
    Lots of pub and club security staff have them. Theres a problem with publicans already-drunkissuing punters with glass bottles and glasses.

This is the case in most city centre venues. We plagued our company to provide them, to no avail, so we purchased directly.

On one occassion I disarmed a chap with a knife, and had another arrested for threatening customers outside the door with a knife. Bottles and glasses would generally be directed to the neck and head area, but I felt the investment worthwhile for the knife threat alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Maybe throw it up on the Limerick Forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

Sabotage wrote: »
    Maybe throw it up on the Limerick Forum?

I don't find that in the least bit funny..grow up..seriously.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Eru

Just to clarify, you have 2 options with this type of vest.

First is stab / spike resistent only. If you want ballistic you need to put the ballistic slabs in (included in the package I presume as they are when bought new) however this removes pretty much most of the flexibility and makes wearing it underneath not very viable.

This is due to the fact that its a level 1 vest not level 3 however for most, it should do the job just fine without the ballistic slabs.

Wouldnt recomend it for DFB though, you need to be as flexible as we do and this would restrict you plus be very uncomfortable when your constantly on the move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Just to clarify, you have 2 options with this type of vest.

First is stab / spike resistent only. If you want ballistic you need to put the ballistic slabs in (included in the package I presume as they are when bought new) however this removes pretty much most of the flexibility and makes wearing it underneath not very viable.

This is due to the fact that its a level 1 vest not level 3 however for most, it should do the job just fine without the ballistic slabs.

Wouldnt recomend it for DFB though, you need to be as flexible as we do and this would restrict you plus be very uncomfortable when your constantly on the move.

As stated in the advert, it is a stab vest KR1/SP1. It comes with a carrier (white) and the stab resistent inserts.

Nothing more, nothing less. The purchaser can buy ballistic slabs and use them with the carrier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

connundrum wrote: »
    This is the case in most city centre venues. We plagued our company to provide them, to no avail, so we purchased directly.
    Note, you can normally write off safety gear as a work expense against tax.

• Advertisement
Advertisement