Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chicken fillets

• 30-04-2008 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

does anyone know where you can buy chicken fillets cheap, say around €1 to 1.50, id be buying quite a few so i was thinking there might be a butcher that does a deal somewhere. In Dublin by the way.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

serco wrote: »
    does anyone know where you can buy chicken fillets cheap, say around €1 to 1.50, id be buying quite a few so i was thinking there might be a butcher that does a deal somewhere. In Dublin by the way.

thanks
    Supermarkets in my locality (Skerries/Balbriggan) sell 5 for €5. I'm sure that you could get a similar deal in any supermarket near you. If you want to buy in bulk - go to a butchers & just ask them straight out what sort of deal they'll give you.

That said, you must bear in mind that you get what you pay for. Low price = low quality chicken. (Just my 2¢)

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lemeister

If you're near Swords, the spar in Applewood is doing a spcial of 6 fillets for a fiver or the butcher across the road does have 10 for a tenner all the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭mildews

serco wrote: »

thanks

You could try "The Meat Factory outlet" unit 2K Ballymount Industrial estate ph. 4567989. Its the outlet shop for "Hicks Foods Ltd" (and is located beside it),which are a large butcher who supply meats to a lot of Restaurants and catering companies.
    I think that they are only open on a Saturday ,but always top quality meats and very good value.

By the way, I am not associated with the outlet, I have bought meat there before and always very happy with the quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,440 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Courtneys butchers factory outlet (in KCR industrial estate - near Terenure) is open to the public Fridays and Saturdays 11-3 and sell chicken fillets five for five euro packets.
    They sell lots of other meats too, all at factory prices.
    I drive up from Wicklow once a month and stock up my freezer.
    There is no better value and quality anywhere in Ireland imho.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Some indepedent butchers sell 4 for €5.00 or thereabouts, theres a butcher in Santry omniplex does that or one in Portmarnock beside Dunnes do I think 4 for €5.50

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭RDM_83

Some chinese shops sell them damn cheap (there frozen i think though), Independent butchers will be much cheaper than the supper markets which are a rip for them.Just try Moore street

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Any of the butchers on Meath street.

Advertisement