Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dream Signing

• 30-04-2008 2:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭

With the end of the season fast approaching I was wondering which player you all would realistically like to sign for your club at the end of the season? Choices should be realistic, ie not Messi to Bolton and why you think that player would be good for your club.

For me I'd love to see United sign David Villa. Quality player, proven goalscorer and definitely would suit our fast attacking football. Think we need another 20+ goal striker to take some of the burden off Ronaldo. Was aprehensive about how he might adapt to English football but if he was half as good as Torres then I'd be more than happy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,430 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Eto'o for me - best lead the line striker in the world, despite his showing over the last couple of months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Death or Glory

Leeds fan here........ wouldn't mind seeing old boys David Healy or Robbie Hulse back at ER, but if I was to choose one signing, it would be Jason Koumas from Wigan.

A class act in the championship, I'd love him in our midfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

I'd like Berbatov to come to United. He has already proved he is cut out for the premiership so it would take minimum amount of adjustment and lets be honest he is gifted!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Utd - Benzema

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Arsenal - Quaresma
    He will run direct at defences and isnt afraid to shoot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Would have to be Benzema for me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

messi to villa

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Sizzler wrote: »
    Utd - Benzema

One more vote for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

Benzema as well, but I think Berbatov would be the more realistic chance.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I would take Villa for liverpool to give Torres a hand upfront.

Or Mancini of Roma as a wide man.

Whichever, I'm easy :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

marco_polo wrote: »
    I would take Villa for liverpool to give Torres a hand upfront.

Or Mancini of Roma as a wide man.

Whichever, I'm easy :)

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Utd - Benzema.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Villa has been rubbish this season.

I'd like either Robinho or Messi

And while Rafa is raiding La Liga, He'd pick up Mata (Valencia), Carlos Martins (Rec), Andrés Guardado (Depor), Daniel González Güiza (Mallorca) and Rubén de la Red (Getafe)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

zAbbo wrote: »
    Villa has been rubbish this season.

I'd like either Robinho or Messi

And while Rafa is raiding La Liga, He'd pick up Mata (Valencia), Carlos Martins (Rec), Andrés Guardado (Depor), Daniel González Güiza (Mallorca) and Rubén de la Red (Getafe)

I would have said Messi, but I presumed he is any unrealistic target for any club.

True that Villa has been poor this season but is is in a painfuly average Valencia side, but I still think he is a highly talented player. (Torres had an average enough last season at Atletico too)

Thanks for the links it will keep me busy at work for a while ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Kaka.

There's a possibility it could happen, AC Milan don't get 4th, United want to make a statement to the world after winning the CL, Kaka and Ronaldo leads Uniteds attack, with Rooney and Tevez in the middle :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,430 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

PHB wrote: »
    Kaka.

There's a possibility it could happen, AC Milan don't get 4th, United want to make a statement to the world after winning the CL, Kaka and Ronaldo leads Uniteds attack, with Rooney and Tevez in the middle :)
    Indeed - I hope we don't make the same mistake we did in summer 1999 - we didn't push on from the treble year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Benzema to United would be brilliant, i think he's alot like Torres with pace and power.

'Dream' signing would be Messi but it wont happen, to have him ronaldo and rooney up front would be unreal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Bentley to Newcastle, would love to see him whipping in balls to Owen, and with Oba's pace on the left, and Bentley's at the right, we would be able to change direction and movement so quickly.

If we were able to pull off such a coup, it would be down to our financial clout and the attraction of Keegan playing football that suits players like Bentley.

If it was an unrealistic dream signing, it would be Essien. Hands down the best box to boxer there is in the game today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I'd go Kaka too, DIC take control, want to make a statement about how serious they are.

If PHB can dream, so can i :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Surely a 'dream' signing is by definition unrealistic?

Anyway, there are no 'realistic' prospective signings that excite me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Messi to Chelsea isn't too unrealistic but if it is deamed so I'd take Mancini or Micah Richards

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

If Drogba were to leave then i would love to see Klose as his replacement.Wont happen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,561 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

i would love to see eto'o join man united think he would suit uniteds play perfectly.think he is a very realistic target this summer

yabadabado wrote: »
    i would love to see eto'o join man united think he would suit uniteds play perfectly.think he is a very realistic target this summer

But still not real,while United wants Berbatov and noone else instead it seems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Robert earnshaw.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Berbatov to Man Utd.

Stekelly wrote: »
    Robert earnshaw.

:D

Thats dream transfer for some 3rd division team?:D:D:D

Berbatov to Man Utd.

Thats more like reality than a dream;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Thats more like reality than a dream;)

Hope so. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

AGUERO to Juventus. my dream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Bale and Walcott back on loan.

I knew you'd say that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I knew you'd say that!

Yeah I'm a man of simple pleasures.

I can't say I blame you. Southampton, willing or not, have done Arsenal well with young Theo.

Better less said about where Bale went though :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

huntelaar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Eto and Messi to Utd (seriously though, Messi wont happen, but Eto would complete them)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'm not as sure about Eto as I once was after the Barca game. I kinda hoped he strech defences but he seems to be not as dynamic as he once way. maybe it's just to do with how United defended against him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Essien, Benzema.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭weemcd

Huntelaar to united

not that there was anything wrong with the old one, but I would without a doubt, take "the new Ruud"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I just want Sven :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

macah richards to liverpool please

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

The Kaka move to utd might have some substance if Milan dont take 4th, Scholes won't go on forever and Anderson is still an diamond in the rough, needs some polishing before he is ready become a key squad member plus we still need a new scholesy.

Only problems with it is the fact we badly need a striker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Pato, Benzema or Aguero to Chelsea plz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Essien to Spurs, and keep hold of Berbatov!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭kev_s88

simply Benzema to Utd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

To Everton, I would realistically like to see someone like, maybe, Ji Sung Park or Darren Fletcher coming but I don't know if Ferguson would sell them. I'm not too sure really - Have Everton been linked with anyone at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

To Rovers probably George O'Callaghan from the league , Our midfield is a bit workmanlike

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Benzema, Micah Richards and Essien to United. 'Twoud only cost about 100 million!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Id like Dani Alves at Chelsea, we need a good full back. But if were talking in terms of dream signings give me Rooney or Messi

An Fhile wrote: »
    Benzema, Micah Richards and Essien to United. 'Twoud only cost about 100 million!

Dont you see United is most valuable team on the world,we have the money,buy them and let them keep the change:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement