Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

60 seconds with Hitler and Churchhill

Options
  • 30-04-2008 2:23pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've thought of this for a while and wondered what I would say in the following daydream scenario. So, your transported back to May 1940 just as Churchill has taken over as prime minister and Germany have completed there blitzkreig invasion of the low countries and France. You have 60 seconds to convey what you can to Churchill to shorten the war which you know the Allies will eventually win and be devils advocate to try and make Hitler successful in his plans for domination.

In the case of Hitler, i'd stress the importance of keeping the Russians onside and that an Eastern front war would result in the end of the Third Reich. I would also stress how close the u-boat war will come to cutting of Great Britain.

With Churchill I would start by telling of the upcoming pack tactics in the Atlantic that would bring Britain to its knees. I would also state that unless the US and Russians entered the war then all hope would be lost and to do whatever possible to bring them in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I;d advise against Mussolini and warn of the effect getting dragged into North Africa would have.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Hitler - Don't attack Russia

Churchill - Get America into the war

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Hitler - Don't declare war on America. Subdue Britain and North Africa; then invade Russia, but only if the invasion can start in March of that year.

Churchill - Uh...loose...some..weight?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

60 seconds?

That's long enough to kill Hitler ..he wouldn't listen to anyone anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Hitler: tanks get stuck in the snow. Wait for April.

Churchill: this is called "heavy metal"...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Hitler: No matter what, Head for the caucuas....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

For Hitler also:

Attack the British airforce fast. Destroy them with the Luftwaffe and then take over England.

I'd also like to add in for Stalin:
    Stop trusting Hitler.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Hitler: That oak table looks a bit old fashioned with its robust jewish construction, how about this new fangled product of German engineering with its thin aluminium legs?

Churchill: Lay off the fry ups fatty boy. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

Hitler - Seriously finish one task at a time. If only there was a camp of some kind we could send you to, to learn to concentrate . . .

Churchill - Get the Americans onside. Perhaps repeat the Lusitania trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Belfast

Hitler fire your doctor.

Churchill do not start a war you cannot win.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Belfast wrote: »

Churchill do not start a war you cannot win.

bah?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

bah?

I'm a little confused as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

delly wrote: »
    I'm a little confused as well.

I assume he meant that at the time, England had no chance of beating Germany in a war so why declare such when it would only lead to defeat. Of course, in 1939, England didn't know Germany would eventually loose, but equally neither did it realize how powerful it was. Let alone France and England, even a lot of the German staff believed they would loose a war against France.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

Hitler: first 10 second gouge out eyeballs so he cant fight back,second 10 sec. kick him in the nuts..... twice then knee him in he head when hes crouched over, stamp on his foot and finaly slap him up side the head and tell him to shave the stupid mustach:cool:

churchil: wait until hitler takes most of england before asking for help

• Registered Users Posts: 15,031 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Churchill
    Get that new fangled invention of Mr Whittle into a fighter pronto.you are going to need it by July 1940. Oh and do stay sthum about breaking the Jap naval code to the Yanks.They will be getting a visit from the Jap navy in Hawaii on Dec 7th 1941.much to your advantage.Fire that idiot in charge of Singapores defences ,as he is totally incompetant.

Hitler.
    Pay attention to your generals.They are smarter than you on strategy and military objectives.Fire all the yes men around you [apart from Speer and possibly Goering] just get him to issue his luftwaffe FW190s for the upcoming battle of Britan.Quit building idiotic war winning devices after 1943.You will have two the Me 262 jet fighter,and the Panther tank.BTW pay more attention to Prof Von Braun and his V1 V2and C3 projects.
    Dont mess with the USA.They can out produce you and supply your enemies within 8 months in war production.
    If you MUST invade Russia,dont make a whole bunch of Ukranianians,Cossacks and Red army deserters hate you.Use the untermenschen to fight other sub humans for you. OH! And dont take any sleeping pills on the night of June 5th 1944.:D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement