Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving Tests Disaster

Options
  • 30-04-2008 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi All,
    New at this, just need a little advice on where to go with this one!

Two years ago, I applied for my driving test in Limerick, failed it the first time around, which is fair enough.

Applied again straight after, and after hearing nothing for a year I rang only to find that they had never received the application. So I applied again.

Finally about three months ago I got called. Got to test centre and was not allowed to sit my test as my drivers licence was out of date (which is fair enough). Applied again.

Received letter last Friday, to have test on the following Thursday, which I could not attend as I had my exams the same day and could not miss them. So I rang as soon as I got the letter to reschedule. I was told however, that because I did not give them ten days notice (which I couldn’t as I only got four days notice myself) I would have to reapply AGAIN. So I arguing the point out with the girl at other end of phone, who said that the best she could do it put me back on the waiting list and expect another test in June. I was happy with that.

On Monday this week, I got a letter to say that as I did not give ten days notice, I would have to reapply again, after the girl telling me that I would be staying on the waiting list. So I rang this crowd again, and I was told more or less tough ****.
    So I have to reapply again for the fifth time!!!!!!!!!!!

Did anyone else get this kind of treatment. I am hopping mad over it, any suggestions as to what to do? As of June, I will be off the road, as the new laws are coming in, and I have an hour and a half commute to work each day and often have to go to different sites through the day. Any one have any clues?

Leah

EDIT: Leah - please use standard font and size when posting in this forum. WA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

You probably would have avoided a lot of hassle if you had made sure you had a valid driving licence before going for a driving test. As for the rest of it, they should have given you a bit more notice alright, unless you had applied for a cancellation.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

You probably would have avoided a lot of hassle if you had made sure you had a valid driving licence before going for a driving test.

I think the OP already knows this.
    that is one hell of a list of unfortunate events, i doubt many people have had such a bad experience. I have heard however that waiting times are dropping quite significantly so you could get a test in 1 or 2 months. Just apply, i doubt there's much you can do to speed things along.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

As of June, I will be off the road, as the new laws are coming in

Unless my math is wrong, under the current laws you shouldn't be driving unattended. Under the new laws, you shouldn't be driving unattended. What's the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

bonkey wrote: »
    Unless my math is wrong, under the current laws you shouldn't be driving unattended. Under the new laws, you shouldn't be driving unattended. What's the difference?

Going by the OP's post she's on a second provisional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 aarnb

Tough break...

But some advice to avoid further bad luck (in case you are prone to it!) ... make sure you bring SPARE brake light bulbs... mine worked the day before but one of them stopped working before I took the test...

• Advertisement
Advertisement