Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend a photographer?

Options
  • 30-04-2008 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone!

My DD is making her communion in few wks and looking for a photographer that will call to the house and take few snaps that wont break the bank(god knows Im out a small fortune already!)

So looking for someone with a bit of taste that can do the job well! Anyone know anyone thats good need to get it booked asap communion on 24th :eek:

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

mmmm. michael scully i think is the only guy that comes to mind. dont know about the prices.

Ok please dont eat me now (im not being smart), but if you get somewhon you know that has a decent camera and a bit of common sense and a eye for a picture, you could get some lovely snaps took and save a fortune in the process...

• Subscribers Posts: 41,464 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

aaron leavy does very good work..... hes located in gracefield AFAIK

michael scully is reputable, but he may be booked out, he also does 'on site' photographs after the church as well

the only other i know is located near athy, tom whelan i think is his name, originally from port.... his work is good also.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

Thanks guys!

Michael scully booked out! will try the others tho!

As for getting someone to take pics NO WAY!!! Did this for every other event and havent got a decent pic of any of them except the ones I took ! There isnt one decent pic with me and my kids and I want one this time!

Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Great photographer in Port ~ Tom Fox (Family Shotz is the company name) is his name and the number is 087-9714500. He's been in the business years but only moved to Port about 6 months ago. I know he has a few bits lined up over the next couple of weeks but give him a try. Very reasonable and will give you a look at his work beforehand. Ask him to show you the collages he has ~ he does a great thing where he puts together a big picture made up of kind of filmstrips of all the little pics he's taken and in the middle is 3 big shots that you have chosen. Then he does the name and date and all underneath (I have one of my nephew with shots from when he was born until his first birthday of little shots and then the three in the middle are oh him and his mum and dad and his name and date of birth and weight is underneath). I didn't describe that very well sorry!

Tell him I sent you undecided...

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

Thanks a mill curvy not really gettin what I wanted from others! The collage sounds brill really like the idea of that! heres hoping hes free on the day! (Im so disorganised!:()

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

sydthebeat wrote: »
    aaron leavy does very good work..... hes located in gracefield AFAIK

This is true, he's very good....

Advertisement