Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crashing (The game, not cars!)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

yeah being have this myself on ps3 60gb...im sure its safe to say that deleting your save files and re installing wont fix it..on tuesday i got about 10 system freezes during the day...yesterday funnily enough i didnt get a single one all day...and now today i got about 4..all crashs happen at random times just driving around or doing missions..

hopefully theyll have a fix out soon and you can just download it without losing your saved stuff as im pretty far in and id hate to have to start all over again..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Strange i thaught there would be more crashes on the 360 seen as it runs off the disc not the ps3 wont be buying the ps3 versions so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

I can actually play the game for more than 2 mins without it crashing!
    I tried a friends game on mine and it still crash's.Tried my game on his Xbox and it worked perfect!
    Only got my Xbox back there 5 weeks ago from MS :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

having the same problems chris. FFS

Damn thing started acting up on me today. The game boots up and freezes when it tries to load my last saved game. Deleting the games install data seems to fix it, but it happened twice in a row. I don't fancy having to delete and reinstall the game's data every time I want to play :mad:
    I'm playing on a 40gb PS3 btw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

It is a load of **** that I have to sign off the PSN before playing this game.

In this day and age this kind of bull**** is unacceptable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

exactly! I've really no idea how on earth this got past their QA department!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

its really annoying me at this stage
    havnt heard if rockstar plan to do anything about it either?
    im sure they will be concerned if everyone that has the game starts bringing them back and losing them money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

doesn't help FFS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

http://www.youtube.com/user/FIXGTA4NOW

5.3.08 - according to a good friend of the page, engles, the problem has been found and he writes:

"Just got off the phone with T2 support. The issue that is causing the freezing is actually two separate issues. One is the network problem that the newer PS3's are encountering however the older model, launche units are experiencing an entirely different problem. The launch version of PS3's used a different chip that could run PS2 and PS1 games without emulation. This chip is conflicting with the game code and cause GTA4 to freeze. The T2 representative told me that the fix will indeed not be exclusively in the form of a patch. There will probably be a patch for the issues relating to the network and things that the newer PS3's are facing however.. the older launch 60GB versions and possibly the 20gb, i didnt ask, will require a firmware upgrade that will allow GTA4 to run on the older chip. This firmware upgrade, he said, could be available anytime between tomorrow morning and "as soon as possible" as he put it. The issue is deffinately being adressed and it seems as though they have found what the problem is. So guys lets hope this works and spread this around because this came directly from my 25 minute conversation with T2 support that I just got finished with."

SYSTEMS AFFECTED:

- 20g model ps3s.
    - 40g model ps3s.
    - 60g model ps3s.
    - 80g model ps3s.
    - all model xbox360s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

its annoying how noone is telling us there will be an xbox 360 fix, all about the PS3:(

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭nealmac

I think that's because the problem (or problems as we now know) seem to be mostly PS3 orientated. But I'm sure the 360 will get a patch too before long.

So it looks like PS3 users are getting a patch for one problem, and the other problem will be fixed in the next firmware update. Where will we get this patch, and how does it differ from a firmware update?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

I experienced one very long load time for the "First Date" mission, about 3 minutes, i was on the verge of resetting, and I also had one crash when leaving a multiplayer game. Xbox 360 version.

I got the same long loading time. I gave up on waiting for it though, and reset the game. It worked fine the second time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Im on a 360 and the game crashed once on me on the first date in and around the first date mission. Screen went blurry and froze but the car radio kept playing. Left it for about 30 seconds and restarted. No issues (touch wood) since.

Advertisement