Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA MP 10pm Tonight (Wed)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,620 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

That was great but the highlight for me was the racing, pure unadulterated madness :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

ah crap... missed this. Well I'll be keeping an eye on this forum for future meet ups.

My username is: leimrod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,949 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    That was great but the highlight for me was the racing, pure unadulterated madness :)
    "I've respawned in the water!" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Good craic tonight lads,will do again soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Yeah, the race was fantastic, really good track. Great start and finish too (3rd place baby! :p).

Course Ciaran500 thought he was back in Forza :pac:.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

L31mr0d wrote: »
    My username is: leimrod

"The gamertag you entered does not exist on Xbox LIVE."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,620 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah, the race was fantastic, really good track. Great start and finish too (3rd place baby! :p).

Damn you pipping me right at the end :P I got stuck in some muscle car for the last lap that had the turning circle of a train and no guns to shoot you with.

Bit embarassed when I thought I had only done 3/10 laps when I was really 3rd out of 10 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Yeah the race was pretty fun alright! Was making quite the comeback until I was brutally targeted by molotov cocktails which had me trying to finish the lap on foot lol!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Managed to get in eventually for the race (great fun - Hairy Fairy just standing there creating madness at one intersection :p) but got disconnected then and couldn't get back in through all the invites. Shame :(

Fun while it lasted, but definitely not easy to get into in the first place!

Came 2nd in the race.. with about a second between myself and the leader (who won it again? Ciaran, was it?).

Same time tomorrow lads.. we need to get everyone to forward their ports for a big ol' game tomorrow night.

Am away in Kilkenny for the weekend so won't be back on again after tomorrow til Sunday or Monday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

These are the ports right?:

• UDP 88
    • UDP 3074
    • TCP 3074

Missed all the fun :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Which ports did you foward basquille? Just the standard Xbox Live one on the netopia router? Never had any trouble before today though - think it may have just been something up with Xbox Live: seemed to be a helluva lot of us unable to join in. Damn "This game session no longer exists" message. It exists dammit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Everyone on my friendlist is Irish, so add away :D
    I went up a couple of ranks when I got the game, but I'm sticking to single player for now, getting well into it.

sooo.... much... to... dooo..... aside from the story.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

basquille wrote: »
    Yep, I played a game no hassle last night but it was a game I setup myself.

I froze for 1 min and then disconnectec last night when playing against you. just when i was about to get off the boat and get me a chopper to blow you to kongdom come and all :mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

I missed the race last night too. :mad:Think it was after that race that I finally got connected to the Death Match:D:D

Anyone up for this again tonight? Same Time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

yeah great crack last night, the race was class & i diidnt come last (9th) :)

i spent most of the race on a scooter with a magnum :D

another highlight was the cops and crooks match when i was the cop driving the car with a few others in the back, i went full throttle off the bridge to hear all the lads go "wooooo" :)

madrab wrote: »
    yeah great crack last night, the race was class & i diidnt come last (9th) :)

i spent most of the race on a scooter with a magnum :D

another highlight was the cops and crooks match when i was the cop driving the car with a few others in the back, i went full throttle off the bridge to hear all the lads go "wooooo" :)

I remember that. I was watching you go over the bridge. Freakin hilarious:D

I did get one race though, when i got creamed of my bike and got respawned on a scooter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭nige1982

Sorry guys was too depressed after the pool lost last night ill add you all to my friends list later my id is Nigel82

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Course Ciaran500 thought he was back in Forza :pac:.

You're just jealous of my mad skillz, you couldn't even leave me alone. Had to go and kill my Banshee from the back of the pack :'(

cosgrove80 wrote: »
    These are the ports right?:

• UDP 88
    • UDP 3074
    • TCP 3074

Missed all the fun :(
    Yep, they're the ports alright. For some reason, I had them forwarded but for the wrong IP address. Had them forwarding that ports on my Mac's IP Address - useful alright! :D
    Which ports did you foward basquille? Just the standard Xbox Live one on the netopia router? Never had any trouble before today though - think it may have just been something up with Xbox Live: seemed to be a helluva lot of us unable to join in. Damn "This game session no longer exists" message. It exists dammit!
    I know.. it seems odd alright.

As I said last night, I had no problem making my own game and inviting people - hosting, But joining an existing game would never work, but after performing the forwarding of ports, the first invite I got worked so might have been just a coincidence.
    miju wrote: »
    I froze for 1 min and then disconnectec last night when playing against you. just when i was about to get off the boat and get me a chopper to blow you to kongdom come and all :mad::mad::mad:
    Was wondering where you went alright. I had a rocket launcher and I could somewhat see you in the distance on your boat, but you disappeared before I had a chance to fire a few rockets your way! :(

Another great moment last night was the game of Cops and Crooks where I was crushed by the cop-car! :D

• Advertisement

I'm Using my laptop as the wireless connection for the Xbox. Checked the custom settings on the router and added Xbox gaming and my Laptop for connection. Worked fine and got connected straight away. Sayed in MP until the game ended.

I tried again later on to enter any MP game but got disconnected again a few time. I wonder is it Xbox live struggling to cope?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

BIG_MAC, couldn't get connected to your invites last night. No idea what was wrong with it. Any ideas by anyone. Its nasty knowing that theres a savage MP game about to happen and you can't get connected to it.

BIG_MAC, couldn't get connected to your invites last night. No idea what was wrong with it. Any ideas by anyone. Its nasty knowing that theres a savage MP game about to happen and you can't get connected to it.

Not sure. I'm a noob to Live! and I've only signed up last night. I think its safe to say I'm not completely sure what I'm doing 100% of the time. I missed out on some class MP games too. Eventually got online, but I was thinking it was a fluke and was basically waiting to get disconnected again. Didn't happen thankfully.

Everyone seemed to have trouble with it, so it may be Xbox live struggling with the volume of users. Seems to be the consensus anyway.

Whats your gamertag (I'm not sure if you're on my friends list.)

If there is another game tonight, is it possible to leave it open to friends to join for themselves, without having to use invites? Might make it a bit easier to get into games, but not sure if it works or not...

If there is another game tonight, is it possible to leave it open to friends to join for themselves, without having to use invites? Might make it a bit easier to get into games, but not sure if it works or not...

How do you do that? (see... Noob)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Count me in on this whenever its happening, I'll add your GT's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Shamo

I'll stick my gamertag in here too: kyuss101

Can play some MP tonight if there's a game on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Hi guys. Deffo up for some of this madness. Spared meself MP on gta until I could find a decent crowd to play with, need more irish friends on my list!!
    Going to see iron man tonight so I won't be on til late but I'm always up for a game no matter what time it is.

Add me :)

GT : richiepunx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

I'd be up for this whenever I can get online. My mate also asked for his name to be posted, as it's more fun to play Irish than the Americans with all the rubbish trash talk.

My Tag: mr6ix

His Tag: IamFrank

Add away!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

my gt is randomnamez

feel free to add me!

Advertisement